Official Announcement

Guest Big Time Software

Guest Big Time Software

Man, can't a guy put up a single HTML page without someone finding it within a couple of minutes? smile.gif OK, here is the official announcement from us:

The time for Combat Mission’s release nears! After months of hard work putting on the finishing touches, a realistic release date of the end of May has been set. We have held off from releasing a new release date until it became clear that this one could be realistically met, and that time is now. Why are we so confident in our release date this time?

1. All coding on Combat Mission, except for a few bug fixes, stopped as of March 22nd.

2. The 2nd draft of the massive user manual has been completed.

3. All but a handful of textures have been finalized.

4. The process of finalizing the scenarios is under way.

When will we release the Gold Demo? Not until we have sent the Gold Master (the final full version) off to be duplicated some time in May. This will mean the Gold Demo will be out and available for roughly 2-3 weeks before we actually start shipping.

Until then, we have uploaded something for people to check out. It is the intro movie we cooked up for Combat Mission. This is probably the first intro movie that is 100% made up of actual game play scenes. Yup, no highend 3D rendered animations that no game will have for years to come, but actual footage captured straight out of Combat Mission, edited, and set to music. It is a bit on the hefty side (10MB or so), but it is worth the download for sure.

www.battlefront.com/cmmovie.html

Thanks for the support!

Charles

Steve

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 03-28-2000).]

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two months?! I can do two months standing on my head! wink.gif

It looks like the CM Gold Demo will be out just about the time I get home from my honeymoon. That's probably best for everyone concerned :P.

BTW, anybody have any suggestions for "must-see" items on Malta?

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley

YIPPI!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure this means alot more to the people who have been with this baord since the beginning.

I caught the tail end of the waiting and aggonizing.

But I'm sure glad to be here.

See you all on the ladder site soon!!!

------------------

Better to make the wrong decision than be the sorry son of a bitch to scared to make one at all

If I recall correctly, the trailers for Homeworld were done completely using the game engine, so you wouldn't be the first, sorry!

(The game graphics were so good that the action cutscenes (As opposed to atmospheric ones) were also done using the game engine)

Take care all..

Manic Moran

NO!!!!

I leave for Kuwait on 13 May. I'll be gone for five months. They say that we'll be living in Air Force barracks and have computers... but.. the Army has changed their minds on me many times before.

Sigh. I had to volunteer, didn't I? Well.. maybe I can play the Gold Demo for a few hours before I go.

Greg

Ok Steve, quit holding out on us! When is the release date for

CM 2? smile.gif Hehe. Actually I feel sorry for Steve when work starts

on CM 2, he's going to have to model and texture about 1.4

million vehicles. smile.gif

Great news! This is going to be one of the very best game releases

ever. Truly a milestone in computer gaming. I predict CM will sweep

the wargame category of awards this year in any publication worth

reading.

Thanks for the hard work, guys; I'm sure you fellows have been

really hard at it trying to get CM just right. I really appreciate

the extra effort and for listening to the (very often good) ideas

that have been offered by the board regulars. I know it has made

for a better game. smile.gif

You think there have been a lot of posts already? Wait till

the gold demo comes out. Arggh! wink.gif

Yeah, well, I guess it's okay. I was really expecting more, photographic quality graphics, genius level AI, oh, and I wanted it yesterday, too.

Hey, if I remember correctly, about three months ago someone started a 'Guess the Release Date' contest. I picked May 16th, which, I believe, entitles me to 1 free copy, autographed by the Big Timers themselves, of CM.

By the way, Great job, guys!

Good news smile.gif

Stupid question though-

I hate to nag on a day with such great news, but I was curious-

is it the Gold Demo that will ship at the end of May, or the full game?

If the Gold demo ships at the end of may, that would mean I could expect CM on my door in June right?

Curious though- if the game is complete, why are you waiting so long to release the gold demo? I'm sure theres a reason, I just can't see it in my ingorance wink.gif

thanks, and congrats BTS smile.gif

-Scott

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

The infantry animations are great! Finally something to get those "eye-candy" geeks off our ass! wink.gif I swear, it seems that those on-line game review magazines only care about one thing, "eye-candy"!!

They trash Force Commander for having "dated graphics" only because they don't have a unnecessarily high polygon count. On the other hand, Star Trek Armada gets good reviews for its graphics, but its gameplay is silly and the game itself has huge run-time crash bugs concerning hardware chipsets.