Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Solution for bogged vehicles in campaign? (need vounteers)

What someone needs to do:

- play a campaign and bog a vehicle
- bail the crew out of the vehicle while it has the bogged malus

- continue to the next scenario in the campaign to see if the vehicle is counted as destroyed (immobilized) or not.

I made the mistake of playing CM again and while messing around in my old CW vietnam scenario I found that if a vehicle is bogged and the crew bails out the vehicle will remain bogged for several minutes after. The bogged malus isn't removed but it also doesn't advance to immobilized. I'm wondering if doing this during a campaign (where immobilized vehicles count as destroyed) would preserve the vehicle for the next mission? My working assumption is that bogged vehicles don't count as immobilized and therefore wouldn't count as being destroyed. Allowing players to save vehicles during RT and between turns in we-go.

I don't personally care to hunt this down but its been a common talking point in the community for a few years so I thought I'd see if anyone wants to test it.

They do, but if they become immobilized in a campaign they are counted as destroyed. This can create some consternation when a vehicle with low off-road capability becomes bogged (or a none critical vehicle). I think you should be able to catch them in the act and bail the crew out. Meaning that the vehicle won't be at risk for loss.

In a campaign immobilised vehicles can return - though does depend on the % for Vehicle Repair chosen by the designer in the campaign script. So yes in some campaigns they might not show up in others and again depending on the vehicle repair settings they may. Damaged tanks can be fixed or not individually. All depends on the % setting and the 'dice throw' each mission.

My understanding of the first post is the interesting question if one bails out the crew when "bogged" and not wait for the possibility the vehicle will become immobilized, will that guarantee the vehicle will return in the next mission?  (It seems like a bad gamble imo since usually, a bogged vehicle will unbog and be fine.)

8 minutes ago, Erwin said:

My understanding of the first post is the interesting question if one bails out the crew when "bogged" and not wait for the possibility the vehicle will become immobilized, will that guarantee the vehicle will return in the next mission?  (It seems like a bad gamble imo since usually, a bogged vehicle will unbog and be fine.)

Well, yeah if you bail the crew BEFORE a bogged vehicle becomes immobilised its not errr...immobilised. So as long as you happy being a vehicle down then might be a chance worth taking. I've never tested that so can't say for sure. So the vehicle becomes the armoured equivalent of Schrödinger's cat - as long as the crew bailed-out of the vehicles it is both bogged and immobilised! But you won't know for sure till the crew remount...

20 minutes ago, Erwin said:

It seems like a bad gamble imo since usually, a bogged vehicle will unbog and be fine.

I would tend to agree with this.  At the same time, immobilisation is perhaps my least favourite thing in the CM world, except perhaps gun disabling.

On 8/19/2024 at 3:34 PM, Vacillator said:

At the same time, immobilisation is perhaps my least favourite thing in the CM world, except perhaps gun disabling.

[off topic mode] Mine is when my Forward Observer is killed by one of its own spotting round. ☠️ [end of off-topic mode]

15 hours ago, PEB14 said:

[off topic mode] Mine is when my Forward Observer is killed by one of its own spotting round. ☠️ [end of off-topic mode]

That's really rolling a critical failure. I've used that exact mechanic in a pen & paper role playing game where Mexican Federales had mortar support but their forward observer called in the spotting round on his own position. Their ambush of the PCs did not go so well after that...

H

• 2 weeks later...