Question? About release of BP

4 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Matrix / Slitherine are the publishers, BFC the developers?

It's announced on Steam as well.

Nice ang good but, if BfC is the developers why the anounce dont appear on the BFC webpage ?

Just a detail perhaps but on the Matrix page appear

>>IMPORTANTThis content requires the base game Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy >> ok

and the previous DLC Commonwealth Forces >>ok

and Market Garden>>ok

and Vehicle Pack>>ok 

and Battle Pack 1 on Steam in order to play. >?

is there something different or not compatible with the bp1 from BFC and bp1 from Steam ?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

Nice ang good but, if BfC is the developers why the anounce dont appear on the BFC webpage ?

>>IMPORTANTThis content requires the base game Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy >> ok

and Market Garden>>ok

and Vehicle Pack>>ok 

is there something different or not compatible with the bp1 from BFC and bp1 from Steam ?

I think the information on the Matrix Info tab could use a little clarification. It most likely means that if you bought the aforementioned DLCs on Steam then you'll need to purchase BP2 on Steam as well. Conversely, if you've purchased everything from BF's store front you'll need to order BP2 from BF directly.

Edited by OldSarge

1 minute ago, JM Stuff said:

I'm not sure why it says 'from Steam'.  It does not have to be from Steam, unless your CMBN base game is on Steam as @OldSarge just said.  To be honest I'm struggling to think why you need BP1 to play BP2 anyway...

I checked Steam and it says 'This content requires the base game Combat Mission Battle for Normandy on Steam in order to play.'  No mention of BP1 there.

12 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

I'm not sure why it says 'from Steam'.  It does not have to be from Steam, unless your CMBN base game is on Steam as @OldSarge just said.  To be honest I'm struggling to think why you need BP1 to play BP2 anyway...

I checked Steam and it says 'This content requires the base game Combat Mission Battle for Normandy on Steam in order to play.'  No mention of BP1 there.

Ah so sorry Tim here it is writing down !! 

But hey!!  dont worry about this, the usual games and addond are from BFC itself, so is only a bad transcription of infos, but is important sometimes to mention it ...

https://www.matrixgames.com/game/combat-mission-battle-for-normandy-battle-pack-2

50 minutes ago, OldSarge said:

I think the information on the Matrix Info tab could use a little clarification. It most likely means that if you bought the aforementioned DLCs on Steam then you'll need to purchase BP2 on Steam as well. Conversely, if you've purchased everything from BF's store front you'll need to order BP2 from BF directly.

i understand it also like this, I think BFC Matrix and Steam have to work on commmon accord and posting original pictures of BFC only,...  from a couple of months it was also a "mistake" of a wrong picture, showing russian troops for Red Thunder in camo uniforms... 

15 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

i understand it also like this, I think BFC Matrix and Steam have to work on commmon accord and posting original pictures of BFC only,...  from a couple of months it was also a "mistake" of a wrong picture, showing russian troops for Red Thunder in camo uniforms... 

Me savvy! I don't know how communications/marketing are handled on the Matrix/Slitherine side, I would think (or hope) that at least they'd ask for BF's approval before publishing content online - or at the very least have a proof reader knowledgeable on the subject  glance at it.

12 minutes ago, OldSarge said:

Me savvy! I don't know how communications/marketing are handled on the Matrix/Slitherine side, I would think (or hope) that at least they'd ask for BF's approval before publishing content online - or at the very least have a proof reader knowledgeable on the subject  glance at it.

i think everybody's make his own indoor meals, is ok, to make his own publicity, but this bring sometimes confusions,... personly my point go toooo....BFC !

3 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

Yeah that's an error. @BFCElvis - FYI. Matrix website needs to be tweaked.

2 hours ago, Redwolf said:

How can a scenario pack have a dependency on another scenario pack, anyway? It's not that it can use parts of the previous one.

...perhaps the following pack must have characteristics, objects...or whatever, or certains actions which depend on the previous pack, by being created for example in campaign mode ?

I don't know I'm not a pro in moding campaign scenario creations, I'm saying my point of view simply.

10 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

...perhaps the following pack must have characteristics, objects...or whatever, or certains actions which depend on the previous pack, by being created for example in campaign mode ?

I don't know I'm not a pro in moding campaign scenario creations, I'm saying my point of view simply.

I'm not aware of any such dependency possibilities.

I think it is unlikely that campaings cross scenario packs and even if they did the new one would have the complete thing.

17 minutes ago, Redwolf said:

I'm not aware of any such dependency possibilities.

I think it is unlikely that campaings cross scenario packs and even if they did the new one would have the complete thing.

...good to know !

On 5/11/2024 at 6:42 PM, JM Stuff said:

and Market Garden>>ok

and Vehicle Pack>>ok 

That was a mistake on their part. I've contacted them and expect it to be corrected. They are Monday through Friday workers. 🙂 

On 5/11/2024 at 1:50 PM, weapon2010 said:

Not a big deal, but why would BF take a backseat to the announcement date of their own game ? nice big splashy announcement on matrix site .Here ...............crickets.

We announce things on a different schedule than they do. All of the screenshots and information about the Pack were supplied by us and we knew exactly when the announcement on their site was going to be, just as we know that on the 16th they will be releasing sumfink kinda neat that @Ithikial_AU made, giving even more detail about the Pack. Sometimes we line up things to match what they're doing but not always.

Traditionally we make announcments, on our website, when sumfink is released or pre-orders are open. What they did here was announce the existence of the Pack. We did that a long time ago. We've even had a pinned thread about it on our forums since a year ago February.

As you read in their announcement, the plan is to release the Pack on June 6th. We've never released anything to line up with a historical event but we decided to make an exception with this. The D-Day feel of this Pack is palpable.