British didn't use winter camo?

As a workaround, it is possible to add the cold tag to those textures with this leather vest from Veins-Commenwealth-Uniform-mod. But the English even don't have any gloves (you'd have to steal them from CMI) and I was hoping that the British paratroopers would get white snow coats.
So far, I've always been pleasantly surprised by Battlefront when I've repeatedly bought the various Commenwealth modules...this was the first time that I was a bit unimpressed...

From any pictures I've seen. The only thing the British had as winter camo were white bed sheets. Having lived in Belgium many of the houses have shuttered windows. Winter and summer. Just thinking now maybe good reason for that!. Leave their bed sheets alone if your busy having a war. And the memory may still linger.

When I google the following terms: "british uniform winter ww2", I get some hits with snow camouflage.
But I openly admit that I don't have the slightest idea how widespread it was.
But I think winter textures for the tank crews and for the infantry with this leather vest should have been included.... (well, and gloves 🙂 )

In the past someone made an excellent mod for the Americans, I was surprised from the details showing uniforms covered in snow, partially white helmets just covered with sheets or rags, the soldiers covered themselves with whatever they found, some with gloves others without before the US regulatory uniforms reached the units for the winter, it was an excellent mod, and would be a model to realized a similar for the briish one, alas I lost an HD with all the "unpublished" mods I am not able to find it, if anyone anyone knows what I'm talking about, please let me know

,,,just typing yours terms @waffelmann but dont find something adapted...

Edited by JM Stuff

11 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

,,,just typing yours terms @waffelmann but dont find something adapted...

Uh...sorry! That was probably misleading! I meant a Google search to see pictures of British snow uniforms (white!) in WWII.
I just took the leather vests from the mod https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-battle-for-normandy/cmbn-infantry/cmbn-veins-cw-uniforms/ to make the CW soldiers look a little more wintry....

11 minutes ago, waffelmann said:

Uh...sorry! That was probably misleading! I meant a Google search to see pictures of British snow uniforms (white!) in WWII.
I just took the leather vests from the mod https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-battle-for-normandy/cmbn-infantry/cmbn-veins-cw-uniforms/ to make the CW soldiers look a little more wintry....

Yes dont worry by white uniforms I found some also, but I want normally have a mix of them...just let past the time for us I m sure somebody will working on., perhaps myself I am already to try something...

Edited by JM Stuff

1 hour ago, JM Stuff said:

Yes dont worry by white uniforms I found some also, but I want normally have a mix of them...just let past the time for us I m sure somebody will working on., perhaps myself I am already to try something...

Just a test 

Edited by JM Stuff

I believe neither the British nor the Americans ever got much in the way of snow/winter camouflage out in the field. IIRC it existed, but nearly no one was ever actually issued it (if it was because it wasn't deemed important enough or there simply wasn't all that much produced, I do not know). Virtually all winter camouflage used in the ETO consisted of makeshift examples made out of "liberated" bed sheets, table cloths, curtains, etc.

16 minutes ago, Anthony P. said:

I believe neither the British nor the Americans ever got much in the way of snow/winter camouflage out in the field. IIRC it existed, but nearly no one was ever actually issued it (if it was because it wasn't deemed important enough or there simply wasn't all that much produced, I do not know). Virtually all winter camouflage used in the ETO consisted of makeshift examples made out of "liberated" bed sheets, table cloths, curtains, etc.

I think that you are right. Which might explain this lucky chap's air of cosiness, and smugness.

6thAirbornesniper.thumb.jpg.9de30ba1b780c6c3c2c44fd884cdd176.jpg

Pehaps later but, on the beginning I think the British army was in the same situation as the US, they have to wait to the winter clothes, and dont have anything correct, just the same uniforms from Normandy, after with the time all equipments was share it, so perhaps BFC could included a minimum of some ("bmps with snow tags") would be welcome.

Is true that we dont have "the skeletons" to give the form of the british uniforms like we can imagine the soldier standing up in this pictures, I dont know any silhouettes like this in CM game to represent a solder in winter uniforme, I have to check in differents module, perhaps in CMRT with a winter russian uniform ?

BFC have to created himself this, is the famous (mds files in the game).

Edited by JM Stuff

Starting in late January, or thereabouts, it started raining and didn't stop. The British zone of operation became a flooded quagmire. The time window in the game where the Brits were fighting on snow would be pretty small. Most of the Western Front snowy photos we know were taken early January, a week or more after the Bulge battles took place.

That too is important to keep in mind (it may also have been the reason that winter camouflage wasn't issued much), the snowy season or at least the snowy part of the battle of the Bulge was only a brief period towards the end. It's just that that was when most of the correspondents had arrived at the battlefields, so battles fought in mud and rain were overwhelmingly documented days and weeks later and after snowfall.

17 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Starting in late January, or thereabouts, it started raining and didn't stop. The British zone of operation became a flooded quagmire. The time window in the game where the Brits were fighting on snow would be pretty small. Most of the Western Front snowy photos we know were taken early January, a week or more after the Bulge battles took place.

Agree @MikeyD Belgium and North of France is a mud place because the rain, I was only hopping to have sone snowing uniforms because I want to created a scen that take really place in Belgium in a weather with snow time, with some British Paras at the end of the battle of Bulge, the battle of Bure, perhaps that nobody know this battle, but was really important because this one of the moment that the SS division on the front was stopped by British Army.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Bure#

this is why I want to have some snowly situation and was a little disappointed to don't find any.

Edited by JM Stuff

46 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

I was only hopping to have sone snowing uniforms because I want to created a scen that take really place in Belgium in a weather with snow time, with some British Paras at the end of the battle of Bulge, the battle of Bure, perhaps that nobody know this battle, but was really important because this one of the moment that the SS division on the front was stopped by British Army.

Funny! I had this battle in my head, too since I recently saw the corresponding video from Operations Room on YouTube!

🙂

19 minutes ago, waffelmann said:

Funny! I had this battle in my head, too since I recently saw the corresponding video from Operations Room on YouTube!

🙂

I count than of you to created the scenario, and the battlefield, 😆 that I want to do with Phill Koh,  in the past,  🤗 if you dont mind I would be really happy to created it together...

You are created all and me I check only but together we had the idea 😝

Edited by JM Stuff

1 hour ago, JM Stuff said:

I count than of you to created the scenario, and the battlefield, 😆 that I want to do with Phill Koh,  in the past,  🤗 if you dont mind I would be really happy to created it together...

You are created all and me I check only but together we had the idea 😝

Well oops!
I just wanted to play it, not create it! 🙂

(I've never done a scenario before...I don't have the patience...)

31 minutes ago, waffelmann said:

Well oops!
I just wanted to play it, not create it! 🙂

(I've never done a scenario before...I don't have the patience...)

Was a joke me as well never do one scen, but will learn, let you play it when is finish, the question is to know when I will starting to created it 😆

47 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

The photo that I posted yesterday was of a sniper from 6th Airborne Division, it was taken in mid-January 45.

exact and this one present the battle of Bure, will be nice to created this uniform, thanks Spike. 

Edited by JM Stuff