bug or intended behavior?

Playing the very enjoyable Defense at Checkpoint 23 scenario and it's the 1st time I've had to depend on TOW jeeps. I'm seeing some odd behavior. 

The jeeps start with 5x TOW, and when those are done the team won't fire any more TOWs. They do, however, still show 3x TOW in their personal inventory. 

ehTUaQX.png

When dismounted the team brings their launcher and now they have access to the 3 TOWs that they were carrying? 

7g3F145.png

Link to save file - https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/acjoo6v431gucvo306357/Defense-at-Checkpoint-024-007.bts?rlkey=t3gobows8xprcbrzo30wkjl4u&dl=0

H

Have noticed the exact same issue in CMSF2 with the TOW carrying Humvees.   A bug I would think.  BTW:  If the TOW's are disembarked from the CMSF2 Humvees, they cannot be moved or reembarked.  You do not have the same problem in CW??

I noticed the same iisue with the TOW jeeps. However, when I filled up their ammo store from the command vehicle (it has 3 TOWs), they had five and started fighting again. Re-embarkation is possible here.
I explained the three missile personal outfit for myself that they already acquired them from the vehicle in case they need them disembarked. Bug or foresight - I don´t know 🙂  Let us live with it

It's a workaround for an engine limitation. Vehicle weapons can't be rearmed within a mission or dismounted.
But certain vehicles, here the Jeep, can dismount their weapons.
For this reason, they have a second TOW launcher with it's own ammunition as their team weapon, while the model of the TOW disappears, when no crew is mounted.
As this is a combat vehicle, only the original crew can mount it.
As the TOW launcher carried by infantry, and the TOW launcher mounted on the vehicle are independent weapons, they can't share their ammunitions.
It also works the other way around. If you dismount and shoot all 3 three missiles, they jeep will still have its original 5 missiles loaded.

But this way, it is possible to simulate the team to dismount with the TOW launcher at least in a similar way, as it would be in real life.

3 hours ago, Dr.Fusselpulli said:

It's a workaround for an engine limitation. Vehicle weapons can't be rearmed within a mission or dismounted.
But certain vehicles, here the Jeep, can dismount their weapons.
For this reason, they have a second TOW launcher with it's own ammunition as their team weapon, while the model of the TOW disappears, when no crew is mounted.
As this is a combat vehicle, only the original crew can mount it.
As the TOW launcher carried by infantry, and the TOW launcher mounted on the vehicle are independent weapons, they can't share their ammunitions.
It also works the other way around. If you dismount and shoot all 3 three missiles, they jeep will still have its original 5 missiles loaded.

But this way, it is possible to simulate the team to dismount with the TOW launcher at least in a similar way, as it would be in real life.

That's about what I figured but it's nice to have confirmation. 

It would be nice to get the dismountable weapons sorted out. BMPs, Marder, and I'm sure some other vehicles all had ATGMs that could be dismounted and used separately on ground mounts. 

H

Edited by Halmbarte