New PC

I am in the market fora new PC (again) and am confused about what is a good setup.   There are several HP PCs on Amazon that appear to meet the system requirements for playing CM.  However the prices have me a little concerned.  They seem too low.  Here is an example.

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Desktop-GeForce-Keyboard-Renewed/dp/B0BMW13S6F/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3KP9QUDQFWA4I&keywords=gaming+pc+hp&qid=1685797551&refinements=p_89%3AHP%2Cp_n_feature_eight_browse-bin%3A23630637011%2Cp_n_feature_twenty-eight_browse-bin%3A23724145011%2Cp_n_feature_four_browse-bin%3A2289792011|2289793011&rnid=676578011&s=pc&sprefix=%2Caps%2C443&sr=1-2

What do you think about this one?

That's a close match to mine. Similar proc (although I have a Ryzen) and I have the same video card, same ram. This will handle Combat Mission no problem if everything works properly. I note it is renewed. But if all is fine it will run CM without issue.

It says the PC is renewed, and refurbished. The only Core i7 cpu I could find, with 4 cores 3,4 Ghz Base, 3,8 Ghz turbo clock. Is the 11 year old Ivy Bridge 3770. So maybe the 11 year old cpu, is the reason for the cheep price? Do you really want an 11 year old cpu?

CM only use like one core, and it like high clockspeeds. So even If you by  a used one, like this. Try to find one with higher singlecore Turbo. Like a core i7 6700k, or 7700k, or even better 8700k or 9900k.

Edited by Armorgunner

1 hour ago, Redwolf said:

To put it plainly: with the exception of the graphics card this is a PC commonly found in a landfill.

Would be better to find something on Craigslist and put in a newer graphics card.

For CM, the GPU is ok. When playing a huge scenario, with 150+ Tanks and AFV´s. My RTX 4070 only used 50w, and 1,3GB of memory. The fans didnt even start to cool it, they where on zero (according to Afterburner) One core on my i7 9900k was on full alert, the other 7 cores, mostly idleing (afterburner again). 

Edited by Armorgunner

@Sluggo-337 If you only want to play CM I'd recommend a new mini pc like this:

Minisforum UM790 Pro 7940HS Mini PC

You can buy this configured with ram and a small SSD for $619. Although I'd recommend 32GB of RAM if you want to play lots of games.

This would crush that crappy old system on Amazon.  This is using a 5.2Ghz latest 4NM AMD Ryzen with built-in AMD graphics. 

These graphics are low-end (integrated) and you'd have to play AAA games on low settings, but this little machine is crazy fast.

This guy did a nice overview of it's capabilites on youtube: 

Edited by nox_plague