Moar BAOR goodness...

Slightly off-topic, but if you'd like to see and hear a Chieftain Mk10 in Berlin camo, check out Mr Hewes YouTube channel (he buys and restores mostly ex-British Army equipment from the Cold War era).

In this episode he takes the Mk10 to Catterick Garrison - Chieftain starts around 6 minutes in:

Turn up the volume and enjoy :)

Edited by FlatEric999
Typo

57 minutes ago, FlatEric999 said:

Slightly off-topic, but if you'd like to see and hear a Chieftain Mk10 in Berlin camo, check out Mr Hewes YouTube channel (he buys and restores mostly ex-British Army equipment from the Cold War era).

In this episode he takes the Mk10 to Catterick Garrison - Chieftain starts around 6 minutes in:

Turn up the volume and enjoy :)

And probably breaks down at 7 minutes (insider British Army of that era joke ...)

18 minutes ago, Dr.Fusselpulli said:

I really wonder how they were able to get the Russian equipment for the video? Did the Brits just had a bunch of BTR-60, T-62 and BMP-1 in their service? Even Hollywood movies had bad mock ups, but those vehicles are genuine. That really puzzles me.

They may have come from the Israelis after the 1973 war.

Edited by Grey_Fox

Or borrowed them from our US allies, who almost certainly acquired them from the Israelis, for the training video ...

I used to work for the unit that did all of this sort of threat briefing stuff and, although this film predates my army service by a year, I don't recall ever having to guard or check that nobody had stolen the BMP-1, BTR-60 or T-62 from the vehicle sheds.  The uniforms and bang sticks were definitely held by the unit though.