Kandu's Creations Final Versions Uploaded

I have this morning uploaded the 'final' versions of my creations including:

(1) Normandy and Netherlands Master Maps (7 maps)

(2) ASL/SL to CMBN conversions. (11 Scenarios)

(3) Kandu's Original Scenarios (6 Scenarios)

(4) 82nd Airborne in Normandy standalone scenarios (29 Scenarios)

(5) Mission Boston - Objective La Fiere; a short, five mission, linear, 82nd Airborne in Normandy campaign. A longer version is still in development.

Edited by WimO
incomplete

35 minutes ago, WimO said:

I have this morning uploaded the 'final' versions of my creations including:

(1) Normandy and Netherlands Master Maps (7 maps)

(2) ASL/SL to CMBN conversions. (11 Scenarios)

(3) Kandu's Original Scenarios (6 Scenarios)

(4) 82nd Airborne in Normandy standalone scenarios (29 Scenarios)

(5) Mission Boston - Objective La Fiere; a short, five mission, linear, 82nd Airborne in Normandy campaign. A longer version is still in development.

Are you sure this is really the last from last version Wim, not forgot a little thing...🤩

So we have to wait to your last of the last long version now !

Very nice to let us know, friend, just kidding.

13 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

Are you sure this is really the last from last version Wim, not forgot a little thing...🤩

So we have to wait to your last of the last long version now !

Very nice to let us know, friend, just kidding.

Yes, JM, it will be the 'last'. I have decided that even if there are still errors, bugs, or negative feedback, I am just going to live with it and spend any more of my time tinkering with them. Anyone else is welcome to make any changes to my creation that they like.

49 minutes ago, WimO said:

Yes, JM, it will be the 'last'. I have decided that even if there are still errors, bugs, or negative feedback, I am just going to live with it and spend any more of my time tinkering with them. Anyone else is welcome to make any changes to my creation that they like.

behind my smile hides a little sadness to know that once again someone feels at the end of their rope...
We will miss you Wim, when, we will upload on the CMMODs, your moments of glory but also headaches at your finished work!

I have a collection of over 400 MB of building skins that I created for Normandy and for the Netherlands. I especially like the proper Dutch (Nederlandse) look to the houses. I have asked Shane how I can go about uploading that much material to CMMODS III. So keep your eyes open. I would also like to u/l Falaises's two church skins to CMMODS III since his Normandy stones colour and Dutch brick looks much more authentic.

2 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

That Buron map is simply brilliant. Haven't checked out the others, but what a way to say good bye.

Aragorn 2002: Where in Nederland are you? Anywhere near de Duivelsberg in Gelderland? If you've ever been there I'd be curious to know how my Teufelsberg map compares. I got the idea when I stumbled across an article on the web from 'De Gelderlander' that wrote about amateur archeologists excavating the 'schutters putjes' on de Duivelsberg.

42 minutes ago, WimO said:

Aragorn 2002: Where in Nederland are you? Anywhere near de Duivelsberg in Gelderland? If you've ever been there I'd be curious to know how my Teufelsberg map compares. I got the idea when I stumbled across an article on the web from 'De Gelderlander' that wrote about amateur archeologists excavating the 'schutters putjes' on de Duivelsberg.

Not near Gelderland, I'm afraid, Wim. But I do know that area. I will check out your map and let you know.

5 hours ago, WimO said:

I have a collection of over 400 MB

I can offer to assist. Do you need to pass it to me slowly? I assemble it in 1 spot in my dropbox and then Herr Bootie takes it from me in one fell swoop?

However I can help. Let me know. Maybe I don't understand.

I just gave CMMODS an injection of almost 2GB. :D                  @Vacillator No comments out of you sir! 

2 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

"gewoon een heel klein foutje" in your files to download,

Hartelijk bedankt for pointing that out JM. The file has been corrected. Le Port Filiolet is now available and duplicate Hill 112 removed.

Hi Kandu,

You've not been idle these last weeks!

I've noticed 4 new ASL scenarios that AFAIK you never released before, new (US vs AI) versions in the 82N series…

I noticed that the Amfreville master map file size has changed, did you edit it? Similarly, did you make significant modifications to your 82N scenarios?

(A personnal thank you for the credit in your campaign. You made me discover battles I didn't know of at all ,and now I've read much about them - I just  have to go on site to see the La Fière site with my own eyes !)

Hello PEB14. I was not aware of a change in size of my Amfreville MM. I'll have another look. In the 82N scenarios I edited most of the text files, altered some of the AI plans and fixed a few rooms that had no doors. In most of them I also added a new "early Cease Fire" penalty. As you know this also means that Total Victories are not possible. Oh well.

The four ASL scenarios were produced years ago but never uploaded before. I made more but deleted them because they played so poorly. I no longer do ASL to CMBN conversions. I prefer to refer back to the historical event.

So I just checked, and the Amfreville MM is 4832 m x 2640 m. I do not remember making it any smaller except for individual scenarios.

Edited by WimO
update

2 hours ago, WimO said:

So I just checked, and the Amfreville MM is 4832 m x 2640 m. I do not remember making it any smaller except for individual scenarios.

My bad. I compared the expanded Master Map file size to the old, smaller Master Map. Not surprising that it was smaller !😆

On 4/29/2023 at 8:07 PM, WimO said:

I have a collection of over 400 MB of building skins that I created for Normandy and for the Netherlands. I especially like the proper Dutch (Nederlandse) look to the houses. I have asked Shane how I can go about uploading that much material to CMMODS III. So keep your eyes open. I would also like to u/l Falaises's two church skins to CMMODS III since his Normandy stones colour and Dutch brick looks much more authentic.

Sure will watch out for these!