white flashes when something explodes

Kiwo

Welp guys, title says it all, i get a white flash across the screen when something blowes up, meaning any arty, RPGs, Granates and what have you causes my game to flash its really painful and and quite honestly it's unplayable.

Does someone maybe know how to fix this ?

My specs are:

Ryzen 5 3600
RX 5700 XT
32GB 3200mhz 

everything is up to date, newest Drivers and so on.

Extremely frustrating that the drivers that I must use from AMD that actually work (22.6.1) are nearly nine months old.  I would think some level of "pushing" from Battlefront is in order here as AMD catering to a self-described "tiny company" is not practical unless they are regularly pressured that a half-dozen driver iterations have not solved the OpenGL problem.  Frankly, I point the finger at both Battlefront and AMD for not addressing this issue in a timely manner.  To forego a driver upgrade to fix 5% of my gaming time is just unreasonable; Battlefront and AMD should not expect this!  And the flashbang effect is not tolerable, therefore I cannot upgrade if I want to continue playing the CM series of games....

... Note, I have seen no one post yet an "out of memory" message in CM Cold War after the email turn played out in the most recent drivers.  Reverting to 22.6.1 fixed this as well. 

oh wow, just great, yeah i tried 22.6.1, thing is, i cant play Stalker Anomaly, with those drivers, and War thunder is Choppy, so all 2 games i love to play i cant, nice :D oh so great ****ing love it,

we gotta love both companys tho one company completely ignore the issue and keeps pumping out cheap cards for everyone to storm the market but fails to expand its workforce to support such a market,
and the other company just reskins units and UIs adds a few new missions and sells it as a new game and white knights defend them.

marvellous.

On 3/21/2023 at 1:56 PM, Kiwo said:

oh wow, just great, yeah i tried 22.6.1, thing is, i cant play Stalker Anomaly, with those drivers, and War thunder is Choppy, so all 2 games i love to play i cant, nice :D oh so great ****ing love it,

we gotta love both companys tho one company completely ignore the issue and keeps pumping out cheap cards for everyone to storm the market but fails to expand its workforce to support such a market,
and the other company just reskins units and UIs adds a few new missions and sells it as a new game and white knights defend them.

marvellous.

Yet AMD has a Revenue over of 23 Billion dollars, 1000s of staff, and produces cards which Millions have, and Battlefront have a tiny staff and revenue, and have to cater to people like you trashing them, because their game is fubared by an AMD update, and they have not reacted that minute, and then basically say that Battlefront rip people off. Troll you are Troll you will be.

On 3/23/2023 at 8:12 AM, scarletto said:

Yet AMD has a Revenue over of 23 Billion dollars, 1000s of staff, and produces cards which Millions have, and Battlefront have a tiny staff and revenue, and have to cater to people like you trashing them, because their game is fubared by an AMD update, and they have not reacted that minute, and then basically say that Battlefront rip people off. Troll you are Troll you will be.

9 months is not "that minute" god how i cant stand white knights like you defending COMPANYS, literally people that want your money. 

and where am i "trashing" them? bc im saying the truth ? Sure i could have hit you with a block text, but if you give this statement a minute of thought you should realise that is is the truth "we gotta love both companys tho one company completely ignore the issue and keeps pumping out cheap cards for everyone to storm the market but fails to expand its workforce to support such a market,
and the other company just reskins units and UIs adds a few new missions and sells it as a new game and white knights defend them." 

point out to me where im wrong with this Statement.

Anyway Since then i contacted both Battlefront and AMD both companys just dont care enough.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thats good news. I didnt want to go with nvidia but their opengl performance is too good to pass up when most of my gaming time is spent between combat mission amd half life 1 (multiplayer). 

Its obvious amd is stuck between a rock and a hard place. OpenGL is a thing of the past. What can you expect? 

4 hours ago, Artkin said:

OpenGL is a thing of the past. What can you expect? 

It's not. While there are newer APIs that doesn't invalidate OpenGL. For example, all the Linux and Mac drivers do it perfectly, including the AMD ones.

It is just AMD's Windows folks that went lazy mode.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, marsss1975 said:

i dont know how to check it... i know the cpu has an amd grafic integrated

Open up the Nvidia control panel (download it from the Nvidia site if you don't have it already), open it and add CM as a program. Then turn off FXAA. This will cause the game to be recognized as a game and the graphics card will be used.