Is possible to add more time to campaign missions?

Hi guys

i really like this game, but it's too hard for me! I play only in real time, and it's very difficult to complete the campaign missions in 60-120 minutes. Please tell me that there is a way to edit the campaign and add more time at each mission (in real life they are taking days to capture a town/city... not 90 minutes!)

Best regards

Since no one else responded.  Am not an expert but there seems to be a mod to extend scenarios, but not campaigns IIRC.

More knowledgeable folks than me can tell you how to add time.  

The easy solution is to try another campaign.  Eg: The campaigns and scenarios by GeorgeMC are large and allow a lot of time to do tings "properly".

Scenarios can be edited in the Scenario Editor and you can change the time as you desire, but campaigns have to be broken into their component missions using uncam or  scancade and then edited. However, then you have to do quite a bit to recompile the campaign with it's core units file, which is pretty complex for the inexperienced.

22 hours ago, Wasicun said:

Hi guys

i really like this game, but it's too hard for me! I play only in real time, and it's very difficult to complete the campaign missions in 60-120 minutes. Please tell me that there is a way to edit the campaign and add more time at each mission (in real life they are taking days to capture a town/city... not 90 minutes!)

Best regards

What @Vergeltungswaffe said. 

Also, I suspect a better way to solve the "its difficult" problem is to play turn base instead of real time.  Especially when your first learning the game.  In turn base you can rewind the turn and watch multiple times from different angles and zoom levels. You can also watch all the many different actions that took place across the map.  This facilitates the learning process for the player.  IMO this makes it easier to understand why something happened and then adjust your tactics and SOPs.  At least, in theory, you should learn much faster and understand things better.   

I've been playing Combat Mission games for over ten years and I would struggle attempting to play a campaign in real time (actually I would never attempt it :D).  RT time probably works best with small scenarios with fewer units (maybe no more than a platoon of infantry and several vehicles?). 

I would politely suggest to, start out turn based and ask lots of questions on this forum.  You can always attempt RT after you get more comfortable / confident with the game.