Game refuses to start

2 hours ago, Shady_Side said:

How did you solve it? I currently have 2 games refusing to start and am coming up pretty dry when asking for help.

Which games? BFC or Steam?

Assume you tried running the games by tight clicking ‘run as administrator’?

Common reasons are borked install, and anti-virus interference. 

2 hours ago, George MC said:

Which games? BFC or Steam?

Assume you tried running the games by tight clicking ‘run as administrator’?

Common reasons are borked install, and anti-virus interference. 

I always by from BFC. Yes tried running as administrator. This is the wrong forum but CMBN ran fine until I installed the last patch. CMCW never has ran on this laptop. CMBS runs great on it. CMSF2 with all modules runs great on it. CMRT with F@R and battle pack runs great on it. CMCW will not launch. CMBN ran great until last week when I installed the new patch. 

Before you ask, yes a help ticket was submitted for CW back in December and another recently, and a ticket has been summitted for CMBN as well.

24 minutes ago, Erwin said:

It's an obvious idea, but just in case...  make sure you have something plugged into your machines audio output socket.  For some reason CM games do not start without that.

yeah i started out with cmbn cmbs cmsf2 and cmrt with only cmcw not working.... i installed a patch for cmbn.... and it has not ran since... i tried a completely fresh install and no luck

On 3/4/2023 at 12:22 PM, Shady_Side said:

I always by from BFC. Yes tried running as administrator. This is the wrong forum but CMBN ran fine until I installed the last patch. CMCW never has ran on this laptop. CMBS runs great on it. CMSF2 with all modules runs great on it. CMRT with F@R and battle pack runs great on it. CMCW will not launch. CMBN ran great until last week when I installed the new patch. 

Before you ask, yes a help ticket was submitted for CW back in December and another recently, and a ticket has been summitted for CMBN as well.

Yeah not much more I can suggest. I’ve tagged @BFCElvisas he might not be aware or have a possible solution to the issues you describe. 

Re not getting CMSF2 to run...  After installing the latest patch, the game ran but there was a problem in that I could not issue any orders to any units - so some bug had been introduced. 

I simply uninstalled and reinstalled using the Full Installer - so all runs fine now.  The odd thing was that I did not have to re-enter any activation codes.

I believe Shady and I have the same problem.

I just updated to CMSF2 2.06, and now the game won't launch. I get the blue spinning for just a second, then...nothing.

This is the same problem I had with CMCW 2.05. After installing that patch, the game stopped working in the same way.

I am running CMBN, CMFI, CMBS, CMRT without the latest patches, and all work fine.

I surmise there is something in the coding for the PBEM system that is not compatible with my install (running up-to-date Win 10 on a Mac).

Yes, I put in a ticket for the original CMCW issue....a year ago (no resolution). Yes, I will put in a ticket for this issue.

This is very frustrating that I can't get updates and keep PBEMs with my friends.

Sorry to hear this OPO. Your CW tourney was the most fun I’ve ever had in CM. :)

We have been trying to get shady’s CMCW fixed since December!  We have spent hours troubleshooting and scouring his drive for conflicts and reinstalling CMCW.

BFC Elvis has been helping him lately and I’m in for an update here. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2023 at 7:17 PM, StoneAge said:

I am having the same issue as OnePingOnly.  When I click the desktop icon I get a blue spinning circle for a few seconds then nothing.

Have reinstalled both CMSF2 and CMBN and both do it now

I'm having the same issue with CMCW. I've tried doing a complete uninstall and reinstall, to include deleting all CMCW folders from my drive and still when I reinstalled the game I also got a few seconds of the Windows spinning circle and then nothing.

On 3/8/2023 at 6:13 AM, OnePingOnly said:

I believe Shady and I have the same problem.

I just updated to CMSF2 2.06, and now the game won't launch. I get the blue spinning for just a second, then...nothing.

This is the same problem I had with CMCW 2.05. After installing that patch, the game stopped working in the same way.

I am running CMBN, CMFI, CMBS, CMRT without the latest patches, and all work fine.

I surmise there is something in the coding for the PBEM system that is not compatible with my install (running up-to-date Win 10 on a Mac).

Yes, I put in a ticket for the original CMCW issue....a year ago (no resolution). Yes, I will put in a ticket for this issue.

This is very frustrating that I can't get updates and keep PBEMs with my friends.

Well Shady seems to have solved the problem in all his titles. 

And we are now starting a CMBS match at the latest version without a problem so far. 

Read this post from Wolfgang 500 maybe it can help you too: