FO's in campaigns come back unable to spot

5 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

If it says bail out only the original crew can mount it, even of the same formation can't remount it. I tried to bail out a Green Crew and substitute them for an Crack Crew, same type of tank same platoon.

You are confusing tanks with HT's.  You are correct that it is not possible to switch tanks crews.  One should however, be able to mount any inf units into an uncrewed  251/1 and they should crew it.  Not sure why this is controversial.  

Re GeorgeMC's point, the FO was KIA in the previous mission.  Therefore he should not have been returned at all.  IIRC someplace reading that if an FO is returned it is functional.  There is no point returning a unit that is useless in a game whether a vehicle that cannot be crewed or a unit that cannot function.

If I had experienced the above is in the many campaigns I have played over the years, I would have reported them.  Since I don't recall ever being faced with similar problems b4, am increasingly convinced that there are bugs in the campaign system that have been introduced via updates.  

7 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Re GeorgeMC's point, the FO was KIA in the previous mission.  Therefore he should not have been returned at all.  IIRC someplace reading that if an FO is returned it is functional.  There is no point returning a unit that is useless in a game whether a vehicle that cannot be crewed or a unit that cannot function.

If I had experienced the above is in the many campaigns I have played over the years, I would have reported them.  Since I don't recall ever being faced with similar problems b4, am increasingly convinced that there are bugs in the campaign system that have been introduced via updates.  

Stop being so damned obstinate - no one but you thinks the FO thing is a bug which should have been a sufficiently obvious combat indicator that you not getting a new FO after the original got killed is the game functioning as it should.  Added to that we have confirmation from @George MC the campaign designer that there are no reinforcements and limited refits due to the short 72 hour span of the campaign, which by the way is entirely realistic.  Campaigns work on a pretty simple premise, which is that you get given a bunch of forces at the start and you have to achieve your missions with that core force.  Any casualties to that force mean that subsequent missions get harder.  In this instance, you took casualties in an early mission and your subsequent missions are now harder.  This was a point helpfully reinforced by George in his campaign briefing.  Why is this so difficult for you to grasp?

6 hours ago, Erwin said:

You are confusing tanks with HT's.  You are correct that it is not possible to switch tanks crews.  One should however, be able to mount any inf units into an uncrewed  251/1 and they should crew it.  Not sure why this is controversial.  

FO died. George explained the premise. You have a rifleman remaining. Use him as a scout. PL or CoCdrs will have to CFF from now on. Them's the breaks, but not a bug.

Dave

2 hours ago, Ultradave said:

FO died. George explained the premise. You have a rifleman remaining.

Appreciate you taking the time to examine the file.  To reiterate:  The entire FO unit was KIA in a previous mission.  ie: Nobody survived. 

"... the campaign designer (says) that there are no reinforcements..."

Fair enuff...  If there are no reinforcements/replacements, then there should be no FO unit returning in subsequent missions.  That would make sense.  However, the FO unit does return

You can't have it both ways.  Either there are no replacements in which case why does the FO unit return at all?  Or...  the system is supposed to replace FO's that can be used as spotters since it is hard to continue a campaign without them.

7 hours ago, Erwin said:

Appreciate you taking the time to examine the file.  To reiterate:  The entire FO unit was KIA in a previous mission.  ie: Nobody survived. 

"... the campaign designer (says) that there are no reinforcements..."

Fair enuff...  If there are no reinforcements/replacements, then there should be no FO unit returning in subsequent missions.  That would make sense.  However, the FO unit does return

You can't have it both ways.  Either there are no replacements in which case why does the FO unit return at all?  Or...  the system is supposed to replace FO's that can be used as spotters since it is hard to continue a campaign without them.

I’d have to check the campaign script (on hill today so be later tonight). I recall I gave a small option for replacements to allow wounded men, vehicles and some men left out of battle to take cas places. Like it was a very small chance but not after every mission. 

As far as I know the game engine does not override FOs being replaced. If the player loses their FO and it screws up the player playing the campaign that’s on the player. Sorry but that’s the whole point of a campaign. Player actions have consequences for the rest of the campaign.