Problem with new CMBN 4.04 patch

Shady_Side

Are they all on the latest patch (CMBN, CMFI and CMFB) ? The PBEM+++ system that gets installed with the latest patches apparently requires some Visual C++ Redistributable libraries to be installed. If all of three of these games are on the latest patch, then they all should be requiring this software. So it is a bit mystifying if only CMBN is having a problem.

Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2022 C++ Redistributable - X86 & X64 installers

I believe that the PBEM+++ feature requires the X86 version, but to be safe, I suggest installing both X86 and X64 versions ('Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2022').

2 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Is it something to do with the oddness of CMBN installing in a different place to all the others?

Did you use the full installers, and accept the default locations?  I used them recently but told them where to install - however, the result was that my Battlefront folder has a Combat Mission sub-folder with every WW2 except CMBN, while CMBN has it's own sub-folder. 

It's just a thought.  If that doesn't help I think you will need the one who helped me - @BFCElvis.

I think that it was always different to the other titles on my old machine with it's own sub-folder. And "yes" I accepted the default locations. If I can't sort it tomorrow I will certainly call on Declan's help. 

Just now, Warts 'n' all said:

I think that it was always different to the other titles on my old machine with it's own sub-folder. And "yes" I accepted the default locations. If I can't sort it tomorrow I will certainly call on Declan's help. 

It could be related to that then, who knows.  Good luck my friend and let us know how it's going...

On 11/20/2023 at 10:37 PM, Vacillator said:

It could be related to that then, who knows.  Good luck my friend and let us know how it's going...

Declan and I batted a few ideas around. Then given the fact that I am a complete duffer when it comes to these new fangled mechanical typewriter whatsits, he provided me with a link to the Microsoft C ++ (x86) thingamybob, which worked. I just have to cobble together some new music mods as I lost all the ones that I created some years back when my old PC died. 

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine is going to reinstall CMBN after a number of years.  I currently have 4.03 installed.  If he were to fully install 4.04, are the games files compatible or would I also have to update to 4.04?

After reading all of above, I'm hesitant to update further.

I also have a series of games in play and would rather not lose them and start over.

Thanks for any help!

Disregard.  I did a search and found they are not compatible AND I can install both versions separately and play either.

Edited by Wartime

• 2 months later...
On 4/24/2023 at 6:00 PM, BFCElvis said:

This is all fantastic news!!!!!!!

Its also seemed to have fixed the issue i was having which i posted into the support forum, titled mismatch of machine etc regardng one drive. i don't have to select admin  launch