Tank Machine Guns

2 hours ago, kb6583 said:

Is there any command or trick, per se, to have a tank or tanks just fire their MGs at a given target? I know using the "Open Up" command helps, but when I have a tank us the target command it still fires its main gun along with its MGs.

I agree as @Monty's Mighty Moustachesays but the 76mm when you open up is using the .50 MG the 75mm just use the coaxial. 

12 hours ago, JoMac said:

Ok, if your Armor is using an 'Armor Arc' and Enemy Inf happens to run towards you, away, or parallel will it still fire the MG's ?...I think it still does, but might be range dependent. 

My understanding is that the more experienced the crew the more likely they will follow orders.  So, a less experienced crew will be more likely to "disobey" the armor arc order and fire at non-armored targets.   Not sure if there comes a point where even an Elite tank will do whatever is needed for self-protection.

With an armor covered arc, the tank will typically ignore infantry and bailed crews unless they get very close to the tank and are perceived as a threat.

The best reason to use an armor arc imho, is to keep your tanks from firing on bailed crews and then have other enemy tanks come into LOS and get the drop on you.