Second Front

Bufo

1 hour ago, Vacillator said:

Not sure there are many such players here, not me for sure.  I was watching what you said about it first 😉.

I´d guess too but it was this thread that made me aware of the game in the first place. So possibly someone here knows more than I do ATM. Seems it´s not so.

Hm.... I got to play some full mission set and check again. The end condition im my little test mission was that my PC was the last one alive, together with an enemy tank (at the objective area). Maybe that´s the case then, when the enemy tank got full intel ony my PC, wherever I hid him. No wonder maybe that none else but me noticed, the editor freak. 😅

However, all the discussed games here (ER2, SF, LnL, Tank-HEAT..) get at least 1 - 3 updates each month, ER2 even double that amount. So it keeps exciting. 😎 Also now have more playing experience both in LnL and SF. Unfortunately have no time left for Gunner - Heat, as real life keeps me busy as well. Wished these times would come back for CM too. But everybody seems having the head deep in the Ukraine thread these days and the forum lost its actual purpose. Steam is much more interesting ATM and guess what.... the developers are actually communicating with their customers and fanbase frequently. 🍻

On 3/9/2023 at 4:02 AM, RockinHarry said:

Any Easy Red 2 players know if the enemy AI is always aware of the player characters whereabouts? Currently playing the public beta. Asked in steam forum but didn´t get any answer for 2 weeks. Seems they start the same habits like in BFC forum (developers give a sh*it on customer questions). 🙄

Anyway, if that´s part of ER2 game mechanics, I uninstall it again. Better focus on Second Front and that tank sim (Gunner, Heat...) then. A pity.

My gut feeling is: No.

On 3/11/2023 at 1:24 PM, Thomm said:

My gut feeling is: No.

Didn´t get any answers yet, but figured something out myself. The AI "cheat" behavior seems just happening if single enemy armor and PC (player character) is involved. You can hide and move normally (keep hiding and moving out of LOS) if dealing with enemy AI infantry. They focus on objective zones and engage PC only if he (me) comes into LOS and gets spotted. They don´t "hunt" (like single tanks do in cheating way). If PC vanishes out of LOS (i.e hiding at the bottom of a trench) they might throw some nades toward your direction (though not very acurately), then go their own business again (objectives). As said this all in a test situation where PC is the only survivor and further spawns (tickets) aren´t triggered or spent.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/2/2023 at 3:17 AM, JM Stuff said:

Funny this game with hexagones , I have also something, perhaps a little more old but also very nice for the time...

Cheers

May be SF will give us Battle of France and Sino-Japonese war theatres … 😁. Will not compete with CM but will take away some of the frustration for this period 😬

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2023 at 2:10 AM, benpark said:

These two games have a commonality that I picked up on, as well. I also like that one, and the Ln'L game gets the randomness down in my book better for something of this type.

Ln'L also has had a great art department, with (probably/maybe still) Marc von Martial doing his thing with the maps (since CC!) and (probably/maybe still) Nikolas Eskubi's counters. It's no mean feat to get a consistent look down for a game. Second Front's developer made the assets, I believe- I think he also sells them on the Unity store, so there may be some cart/horse criticism that the game contained oft-used stuff, when he made the art in Second Front in the first place. If the infantry were re-worked, I'd probably never give the look too much more thought.

I think part of my liking these two games in particular is that I really don't buy many board wargames (unless something with a really spectacular map!), and gave up on my (Napoleonic) miniature painting long ago. Second Front is like that desired miniature board diorama set-up, and Ln'L is a boardgame without the set-up/space commitment/tear down. And CM is for seeing how things may really have played out (and will remain my mainstay, due to its Editor, simulation properties, and other fine offerings). I'll give thanks to the computer on that one, but will miss the chance to someday set up a massive display of paper and cardboard nonsense like Drang nach Osten or Streets of Stalingrad in the middle of everyone's business here at home.

Thank you so much for pointing me Ln'L game series. I did not know at all it was existing and it is just bliss. It is even 100% Mac compatible. Thank you man. May the Avalon Hill's God of SL and ASL bless you forever !!

If only they could make the them with SL or ASL counters .. I would die (aah me be not !) to re-play some of the SL Crescendo of Doom scenarios on my computer.

Though Combat Mission will remain my go to for tactical combats and always my fav.