What if any thought has been given to the next game coming out.

1 minute ago, PEB14 said:

Biggest amount of work is probably adding graphics stuff (uniforms, vehicles, guns, etc.), isn't it?

They could have a library and suggesting which AFV can be paired with which mod to have a realistic game. Korea for example shouldn't be an issue, it is late WW2 mostly.

2 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

They could have a library and suggesting which AFV can be paired with which mod to have a realistic game. Korea for example shouldn't be an issue, it is late WW2 mostly.

Well, this library is not that difficult to build, it think it could be built and maintained by the community. There is plenty of documentation regarding tanks, guns, TOEs as far as WW2 is soncerned, both in libraries and on the web!

44 minutes ago, PEB14 said:

Well, this library is not that difficult to build, it think it could be built and maintained by the community. There is plenty of documentation regarding tanks, guns, TOEs as far as WW2 is soncerned, both in libraries and on the web!

Yep and it needs to upgrade the graphics it is now PNG but CM is still archaic. Also the software, I don't know the foggiest which codes they use and which 3D programs. I just play the game. I would love to buy, click and see a common graphics program. Here in the editor 2D which the program translates into 3 D. It would be lovely to edit in 3D for starters.

Edited by chuckdyke

1 hour ago, womble said:

I'd suspect that's probably one of the smaller tasks. The effort involved in scenarios and campaigns is probably the largest consumer of hours.

Scenario and campaign design could be outsourced quite easily i belive...The other stuff would require involvment from the main BFC people...Thats the main limiting factor it seems.

1 hour ago, Artkin said:

Maps take a long time, scenarios definitely do NOT take long to make. Piece of cake. 

I would like to disagree about it being piece of cake after the map is complete. Particularly historical scenarios/campaigns where you are trying to replicate something from varying source material. :) 

5 minutes ago, Ithikial_AU said:

I would like to disagree about it being piece of cake after the map is complete. Particularly historical scenarios/campaigns where you are trying to replicate something from varying source material. :) 

Ah yes, researching does take time... if you're going super historical yes it can take time to get every bit right.

I mainly work in CMRT so I guess I'm one level of abstraction above other title's scenarios. For instance good luck finding company level information on the Soviets. Thus a lot of critical thinking is necessary to fill in missing bits and bobs. 

I typically don't have access to precise information, and that's coming straight out of Glantz's books. 

6 hours ago, Artkin said:

Ah yes, researching does take time... if you're going super historical yes it can take time to get every bit right.

I mainly work in CMRT so I guess I'm one level of abstraction above other title's scenarios. For instance good luck finding company level information on the Soviets. Thus a lot of critical thinking is necessary to fill in missing bits and bobs. 

I typically don't have access to precise information, and that's coming straight out of Glantz's books. 

Balancing scenarios and testing them also takes time... But according to the number of beta testers credited it should not be an issue.

10 minutes ago, PEB14 said:

Balancing scenarios and testing them also takes time... But according to the number of beta testers credited it should not be an issue.

Frankly I find balancing to be nonsense. If I make a scenario it should be true to the original intent of my design. If it's imbalanced it would be good to write it in the description.

I prefer treating this as a sim rather than a game as much as I can. I give extra ammunition boxes for my troops and I set them to lower experience levels to reflect what combat footage I have seen. I guess my scenarios come out different than others. I like playing with big formations and giving the commander total reign over how they choose to employ that force. 

If you play this game long enough (IMO) it's not too hard to eyeball a scenario out before testing even begins.