C2 question

1 hour ago, Lille Fiskerby said:

you will always have C2.

No need just test it. Any HQ can call indirect mortar support. The Mortars need to have a radio unit nearby, preferably their own. Even Soviet WW2 Mortars have a radio in the game. C2 just covers the same hierarchy indirect fire can be requested by other units outside the C2 of the mortar units. 

12 hours ago, Glubokii Boy said:

I can see no indications of a radio nor an indication of radio comms....only binoculars and voice/ eyesight comms.

schwere Zug HQ

I checked again and "IV schwere Zug HQ" has a radio.  I have this unit dismounted and the radio icon appears in its equipment roster.  

The question is still if "IV schwere Zug HQ" has a radio and all the C2 buttons are green from the two onmap 81mm mortars through "3 Werfer Gruppe HQ"  through "IV schwere Zug HQ" and on up through "9th company HQ" and "Germania HQ" why can no unit contact the mortars when "IV schwere Zug HQ" is in a distant location?

When "3 Werfer Gruppe HQ" is sent far away, the C2 button showing the link between it and "IV schwere Zug HQ" turns red. 

However, "IV schwere Zug HQ" is right next to the mortars and has a radio.  Why is it that other remote spotters cannot access the onmap mortars right next to "IV schwere Zug HQ".

It should be that if "IV schwere Zug HQ" has a radio and is is close to the mortars, then one should be able to send "3 Werfer Gruppe HQ" far away and any other remote HQ's and FO's should be able to access the mortars since the mortars should be able to communicate through the radio belonging to "IV schwere Zug HQ".  

The issue that arises is explaining what is the point of the C2 buttons if in the game there is no C2 between the units displaying all "in contact" green buttons - ie: the mortars cannot be accessed. 

Edited by Erwin

8 minutes ago, Erwin said:

I checked again and "IV schwere Zug HQ" has a radio.  I have this unit dismounted and the radio icon appears in its equipment roster.  

Yes i know 😊...

That comment of mine was in regards to the first picture...That of the Werfer gruppe HQ....If you look at the picture you will see that it has NO radio...please also have a look at THAT HQ in the scenario...It has NO radio....

That is your problem...It's the WERFER GRUPPE HQ that is causing your problem.....It is shown as being in command if it is within distant visual contact of other HQs but it needs to be within close visual contact to function as a link in the mortar chain...as it has NO radio...

Ok, I understand what you are saying.  However, it still makes no sense that one can have every other HQ with a radio sitting next to the onmap mortars and still no remote FO or HQ spotter can access the mortars.  If a unit is close to a radio it should be in the net.  

If all the C2 buttons are green, that should mean that the mortars can be accessed.  The fact that they are not is a bug.  None of the folks who designed the C2 system are commenting, so this bug presumably is known.  But, BF has not yet got around to it.  

Am starting mission 2 and the same HQ units and mortars are present.  And it's the same issue.