Bug or Bad Luck?

rogue189

I have been playing the Vanguard mission of the TF 3-69 campaign and have fired 5 javelins with no hits.  3 were fired at a BMP at a range of 2000m and 2 were at a T-90, range 2100m.  I could understand a single miss, but five!?  That seems a bit excessive for the javelin, but maybe the miss rate is higher than I believe?

3 hours ago, rogue189 said:

I have been playing the Vanguard mission of the TF 3-69 campaign and have fired 5 javelins with no hits.  3 were fired at a BMP at a range of 2000m and 2 were at a T-90, range 2100m.  I could understand a single miss, but five!?  That seems a bit excessive for the javelin, but maybe the miss rate is higher than I believe?

Honestly I can't recall ever seeing a javelin miss. And even if the Russians had APS, I don't think Arena can defend against javelin since it only has a range of 60 degrees from the ground (Or so). 

Itd be worth setting up a very quick test scenario and see if it happens more

Five misses is a lot but it is possible for them to miss - just not very often. It seems unlikely that there is a javelin wide bug given what everyone else has seen. Is there common cover arrangements in the misses? Were the targets moving? 

Regarding APS, @Artkin is correct normally it cannot stop javelins. However if the target vehicle is on a slope sometimes the APS envelope can intercept - it's pretty cool when happens.

Both targets were stationary, but the BMP did have some tree cover.  Basically, the missiles failed to perform their top attacks and just sailed on by every time.  I also noticed this with the previous mission.  My starting javelin teams missed 3 out of their 4 shots.  In neither scenario were the missiles intercepted by trees, APS, or ERA that I could see.  I have saved and reloaded the file number times and changed the file name.  I started to notice it more after that.

2 hours ago, rogue189 said:

Both targets were stationary, but the BMP did have some tree cover.  Basically, the missiles failed to perform their top attacks and just sailed on by every time.  

What version of the game are you playing? Javelin did have a bug where the missiles would not perform the top-attack portion and would just sail into the distance if fired in a certain direction.

Yes, patch up , it should fix the bug. But under fixed version a miss/failure could still happen 

I counted 10% chance of miss/failure of javelin in my game play. Half of them are missiles hit a tree in front of the Javelin operator. The other half are near miss.

But in the game even a near miss is a death sentence to a soft skin AFV.

qXP0Bur.png

A9KaGfB.png

2 minutes ago, Chibot Mk IX said:

Yes, patch up , it should fix the bug. But under fixed version a miss/failure could still happen 

I counted 10% chance of miss/failure of javelin in my game play. Half of them are missiles hit a tree in front of the Javelin operator. The other half are near miss.

But in the game even a near miss is a death sentence to a soft skin AFV.

qXP0Bur.png

A9KaGfB.png

God I hate this scenario :)

Chi, do you not use Reshade? It will clean up the jagged edges on the MTLB's quite nicely with little to no performance hit.

Edited by Artkin

2 hours ago, dkchapuis said:

i have found that javelins go to direct attack mode when the target is at a much higher elevation - which leads to a vastly increased chance to miss.

Lmfao I just tested this with tanks on top of Monte Cassino, and the javelins went straight into the mountain about 1-200m height and disappeared.

They impacted the ground, but from the inside of the mountain.

CM-Black-Sea-2022-10-13-23-07-35.png

CM-Black-Sea-2022-10-13-23-08-02.png

CM-Black-Sea-2022-10-13-23-08-28.png

Edited by Artkin