Someone with high hopes or just a dreamer

3 hours ago, landser said:

The 'heroic, yet doomed' vibe is strong here, even though Combat Mission is also programmed by one man. Charles may be exceptional

The force is strong in this one. 

I particularly enjoyed one (or was it more?) recent post from Charles on the massively multi-commented thread.  I was hoping they had let him out of the dungeon to make the post while breathing some fresh air, but at the same time I was hoping he would get back to programming soon afterwards 😉.

Edited by Vacillator
Seems my typing has not improved either

• 5 months later...

It seems this guy still is busy with his project of making a game that will be "better than any Combat Mission game" or how he expressed it. It sure looks very much like a Combat Mission game so far.

The comments to the videos don't seem very kind to Battlefront. Could his game become a worthy competitor and take players from those that play the Battlefront games? I guess we'll find out when/if his game gets released.

2 hours ago, BornGinger said:

It seems this guy still is busy with his project of making a game that will be "better than any Combat Mission game" or how he expressed it. It sure looks very much like a Combat Mission game so far.

The comments to the videos don't seem very kind to Battlefront. Could his game become a worthy competitor and take players from those that play the Battlefront games? I guess we'll find out when/if his game gets released.

Well, a certain burn for the current implementation of a thing is really helpful when trying to make a new implementation. He's gonna need a lot of motivation.

• 4 months later...

This Trait74 aka Battle Tactics is still carrying on with his project of making a Combat Mission similar game in the Unreal 5 Engine.

A new video - Vehicle Combat Implemented - was quite recently uploaded to YouTube.

Could this maybe be someone connected to Battlefront who is making Battlefront's new more up to date game, aka Game Engine 3, by using Unreal Engine 5 instead of developing their own game engine?

If this Trait74 (on Reddit) aka Battle Tactics (on YouTube) isn't connected to Battlefront, he's at least showing them how to do it if they don't have the people to make a game engine 3.

Edited by BornGinger

1 hour ago, ALBY said:

I think ‘realistic death physics’ are going to be a problem. 

I commented on this as well as I know many here including myself don't want to see gore. Enough of that in the real world people wish they didn't see. He said he's planning a filter for on/off for gore so people will not have to see that if they don't want. It's smart to have broader appeal especially for those here who like that CM has focus on tactics rather than the horror of war.

Edited by Vinnart

• 3 months later...