Missing in action

First let me say for the record I hope he's ok and back involved in the forum soon too.

On 5/26/2022 at 2:37 PM, Vacillator said:

scale models that is in case you're wondering

LOL that reminds me of a funny story. When I applied for my very first job - volunteering in a hospital - I made mention in my resume that I did modelling. I do not remember how I phrased it but clearly I did a poor job of wording it. I had a lot of scale models for war gaming - that's what I meant. I could tell the interviewers were confused about something on my resume about half way through the interview. The finally asked what I had done modelling for and I clarified I meant scale modelling. 14 year old me never even considered there was such a thing as posing for photos for money - WTF that makes no sense. The interviewers clearly correctly deduced that no one would pay me for that and could not understand what I was talking about on my resume.

Embarrassing at the time. Makes me laugh quietly to my self now.

12 minutes ago, IanL said:

First let me say for the record I hope he's ok and back involved in the forum soon too.

LOL that reminds me of a funny story. When I applied for my very first job - volunteering in a hospital - I made mention in my resume that I did modelling. I do not remember how I phrased it but clearly I did a poor job of wording it. I had a lot of scale models for war gaming - that's what I meant. I could tell the interviewers were confused about something on my resume about half way through the interview. The finally asked what I had done modelling for and I clarified I meant scale modelling. 14 year old me never even considered there was such a thing as posing for photos for money - WTF that makes no sense. The interviewers clearly correctly deduced that no one would pay me for that and could not understand what I was talking about on my resume.

Embarrassing at the time. Makes me laugh quietly to my self now.

Love it Ian.  That's why I qualified my statement - in case anyone thought Andy and I were making a living on the catwalks or in the studios.  I for one am certainly not.