Steam release

If there haven't been any updates then you can (maybe) expect that it's still on schedule for either this or next week! Fingers crossed

If you really can't wait, you can buy the game on Battlefront and get your Steam key later, and just add the game as a non-Steam game for the time being!

20 hours ago, RescueToaster said:

If there haven't been any updates then you can (maybe) expect that it's still on schedule for either this or next week! Fingers crossed

If you really can't wait, you can buy the game on Battlefront and get your Steam key later, and just add the game as a non-Steam game for the time being!

Official release date given is March/April, so pretty sure that next week is not a sure thing. They have another 5 weeks, and when you count in the previous delays for CM games releasing on Steam, it could well be May 2022.

Don't give other people hopes you have no justification for.

Edited by Sunbather

1 hour ago, Sunbather said:

Official release date given is March/April, so pretty sure that next week is not a sure thing. They have another 5 weeks, and when you count in the previous delays for CM games releasing on Steam, it could well be May 2022.

Don't give other people hopes you have no justification for.

I didn't suggest that it was coming this or next week. The "maybe" qualifier and "fingers crossed" should have made that pretty clear. My point was that the possibility exists, unless they have said otherwise somewhere and I've missed it. There's a week of March left, and with all things quiet on the Battlefront, we know that means that they are busy at work putting in 60+ hours a week. This feeling, the quiet before the storm, is very reminiscent of CMCW the week or so before its release.

So, why would/should we not expect it to potentially release next week? What justification do you have for that? And I think the hope was already in you, so don't blame that on me ;)

Edit: Went to make dinner, came back and read what I wrote and.. oof this sounds like I'm upset. Please read this with a healthy level of playfulness and sarcasm.

Edited by RescueToaster

On 3/23/2022 at 11:16 AM, Darren1989 said:

Any update on the steam release for CMBN, has been promised before the end of march and no announcements since 

With how ridiculously delayed CMCW was because of having to add PBEM+++ implementation you'd think CMBN would release on time, but there's not even a store page for it on Steam yet. Maybe Slitherine has released some tidbits of information on the release date on one of their streams without actually notifying people anywhere else, that's what they did for Cold War.

12 hours ago, RescueToaster said:

I didn't suggest that it was coming this or next week. The "maybe" qualifier and "fingers crossed" should have made that pretty clear. My point was that the possibility exists, unless they have said otherwise somewhere and I've missed it. There's a week of March left, and with all things quiet on the Battlefront, we know that means that they are busy at work putting in 60+ hours a week. This feeling, the quiet before the storm, is very reminiscent of CMCW the week or so before its release.

So, why would/should we not expect it to potentially release next week? What justification do you have for that? And I think the hope was already in you, so don't blame that on me ;)

Edit: Went to make dinner, came back and read what I wrote and.. oof this sounds like I'm upset. Please read this with a healthy level of playfulness and sarcasm.

No worries. I was kinda snappy myself. However, as others stated already, I have somewhat of a justification for my pessimism because some Modules took forever to release and the Steam version of Cold War was delayed many months.

But to be sure, I am very much hoping for a on-time release for BN. I am not very interested in that particular CM iteration but bringing out BN on time means that the other games will probably release in the respective months as well.

I also don't want to disrespect the hard work Battlefront are obviously doing and on how many stuff they work simultaneously. But I do share @Darren1989's urge to see those games released on Steam since they will have much better regional prices and maybe even an early sale and so I don't have to spent 100 euros (2 or even 3 weeks of food for me) on a Fortress Italy Complete Bundle.

2 hours ago, Sunbather said:

I also don't want to disrespect the hard work Battlefront are obviously doing and on how many stuff they work simultaneously. But I do share @Darren1989's urge to see those games released on Steam since they will have much better regional prices and maybe even an early sale and so I don't have to spent 100 euros (2 or even 3 weeks of food for me) on a Fortress Italy Complete Bundle.

But Battlefront has nothing to do with PBEM++, its tournament mode or the Steam releases. That is Matrix.

Saw this on the steam Cold War Forum.  "FindTheSource" is claiming BFN release now maybe for Q2.  Anybody know if it is true?

FindTheSource Mar 25 @ 2:49pm  

They've said, that they will release WWII titles on Steam (Battle for Normandy, Fortress Italy, Red Thunder and Final Blitzkrieg).
BfN will be first, yesterday they've said, that they are "hoping" for release in Q2 2022.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Why wait? Once it is out on Steam you can get keys to activate it and in the meantime you get to play.

To answer your question: integrating the Matrix PBEM++ system and adding support for the tournament has taken longer than anticipated. I believe the goal is to release the steam versions of the CM products with that working from day one once the features in in Cold War and the issues are resolved. BFCElvis has made posts about this so I am not sharing anything new here just relaying information that is already available but from memory.

On 7/5/2022 at 1:23 PM, Jackal256 said:

Does anyone have news about the new release? Since its already july, and still no CMBN in the store.... im still waiting to get it on steam.

You're able to buy it now from the Battlefront.com store, and then when it releases on Steam you will receive free keys for CMBN on there too. That way you can play the game in the meantime as Ian said.

This goes for all of the CM games except Afghanistan. I don't know if that one will be going over to Steam.

Edited by Artkin

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...