Ability to Turn On/Off Different Weapons

How hard would it be for Battlefront to add the ability to turn on and off different weapons, similar to the 'Target Light' command?  So if, for example, I want a BMP to use its autocannon and/or its main cannon and/or its ATGM and/or its MG, I would have the choice of setting each weapon position on or off. The crew could always override me in extreme circumstances.  This could be used for several real life functions that are hard to do right now.  Like conserving a certain type of ammo or reconnoitering by fire.

It seems to me like I've played a game that had this ability but I'm not sure which game it was.  Maybe one of the Graviteam Tactics titles?

10 minutes ago, Probus said:

It seems to me like I've played a game that had this ability but I'm not sure which game it was.  Maybe one of the Graviteam Tactics titles?

You can do this in the Wargame series of games.

I'm not sure if I think it'd be appropriate for CM. In this game the individual troops and vehicles have some degree of autonomy, you give guidance and they try to carry it out using their own judgement. For instance they will override target arcs and ignore area targets if they are threatened sufficiently.

But maybe it could be added. Idk.

Edited by Grey_Fox

Yes this topic has been brought up before and is one I feel can really make the game better. I have noticed with infantry and IFV’s that if you let tac ai target a spotting enemy they will only use basic weapons. If you target directly, either timed target or regular target assignment then they will fired shoulder fired munitions and ATGM’s.