Cold War 64 Bit

CanuckGamer

22 minutes ago, CanuckGamer said:

A friend of mine bought Cold War a couple of weeks ago from Matrix Games and noticed that it indicated that it was 32 bit.  When he checked with their help desk he was told that there wasn't a 64 bit version.  I am thinking of buying it  from Battlefront.  Is there a 64 bit version?

I run it on 64 bit Windows alright.

37 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Meanwhile another 28Gb sits idle.  :rolleyes:

The other 28Gb is so you can run huge battles in every CM title all at one time :D Leave no memory idle!

37 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Absolutely not a complaint about CM, so many other games are still 32bit LAA only.....Kinda makes the specs of modern(ish) gaming PCs seem a bit pointless.

32 bit registers literally can only address 4Gb of memory. Note Yes, I am aware of schemes to swap different memory fame etc. My opinion of those is - just build a 64bit app.

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Meanwhile another 28Gb sits idle.  :rolleyes:

Absolutely not a complaint about CM, so many other games are still 32bit LAA only.....Kinda makes the specs of modern(ish) gaming PCs seem a bit pointless.

You should also play DCS, that game utilizes all 32GBs of my PCs RAM 😀

Not a simulator man.....My rig could easily handle it (even with a headset), but it just ain't my bag (which is odd because I always thought it would be).  :rolleyes:

TBH I doubt I'll buy any new games other than CM stuff, I haven't touched my Steam account in at least a year.....Getting old (and the games just ain't getting any better).  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead