Cold War Questions

CanuckGamer

I would prefer to buy CMCW direct from Battlefront because I assume we can play it PBEM like the WW2 CM games.  That is, attaching the move file to an email or using Dropbox.  I have some games from Matrix and when it comes to PBEM it is through their server.  Can someone confirm  PBEM with the Battlefront version?  I assume that my friends would all have to have the BF version for us to play PBEM.

I am also wondering how much air power is in CMCW such as attack helicopters like the Apache or whatever was available in the 80's.

12 minutes ago, CanuckGamer said:

I would prefer to buy CMCW direct from Battlefront because I assume we can play it PBEM like the WW2 CM games.  That is, attaching the move file to an email or using Dropbox.  I have some games from Matrix and when it comes to PBEM it is through their server.  Can someone confirm  PBEM with the Battlefront version?  I assume that my friends would all have to have the BF version for us to play PBEM.

I am also wondering how much air power is in CMCW such as attack helicopters like the Apache or whatever was available in the 80's.

Both the BFC and the Matrix/Steam versions will have both conventional PBEM and Matrix' PBEM++. BFC is not ready yet but will.

Attack helos are in, the Cobra for Blue.

8 minutes ago, CanuckGamer said:

So all versions (BFC, Matrix and Steam) have both systems onboard.  You can use the Slitherine system or the old BFC PBEM method, both work but I do not think you can switch between the two once a game has started.

Airpower:

image.png.5d8cd2fb5c87c7953941988361a42340.pngimage.thumb.png.725589b3126873c5952c6fdd12b014a8.png

As in other games, the effects of these aircraft are modelled (with pretty high detail actually) but no 3D models.  AA and AD engage and they can definitely hit ground targets.

As to which way you decide to purchase...totally up to you.  Whichever way is more convenient but as has been noted, the keys are transferable so you really get access one way or another.  And access is expanding (we are on GeForce Now...er now...apparently).

16 minutes ago, CanuckGamer said:

Steam CMCW still allows traditional PBEM. I'd recommend steam if the dollar exchange rate to local currency is poor, or if you want a seamless update policy for patching which means you don't have to periodically check forums for notification of a new release.

Edited by Grey_Fox