Soviet info site for scenarios

For those who want to do a RT scenario based on actual operations this would be helpful: https://pamyat-naroda.ru/ops/  

You only get the Russian side and only a basic understanding of the opposing Axis forces but that information is generally more available than finding these Russian forces would have been.

You slide the timeline bar and you can go to any year and month and it will give you a list of operations that occurred at that time. When you click on the operation link you can get more details about what units were there down to at least brigade level maybe even lower.You can see the combat path on where the units were at any given time alos plus they have the actual combat/historical maps. Tons of useful info on this site. 

They also have the combat logs of each unit but they are copies of the original documents and are in Russian and you can't use any type of Google translate on them.

42 minutes ago, Commanderski said:

They also have the combat logs of each unit but they are copies of the original documents and are in Russian and you can't use any type of Google translate on them.

I've been playing around with various scanning and translating apps. They'll scan the hand written document into a PDF and translate and/or you can copy and paste into google translate. TBh often its hit or very much miss but at least you can often work out the gist of what the hand written document is conveying. Real game changer!

10 hours ago, BornGinger said:

There is also Systransoft translator which sometimes translates better than the google translator. A mix of both could maybe give better results.

Ah brill cheers ta.

I've also been playing with the following apps on my phone - DeepL, Scan and Translate (useful for quick translates)and Translate (not so good). DeepL overall seems pretty good and use Adobe Scan (which seems pretty good at reading hand writing) to get a copy of the document in word which I can then copy and paste into a translate app.