Anyone updated to Mac OS Monterey?

G. Smiley

35 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

I have. 2018 MacBook Pro, updated about a week ago. No issues at all with CM. So far, everything I've tried works just fine.

Dave

Thanks, good to know, then I’ll update by 2016 MBP as well.

I have an new 2021 M1 MBP on order and looking forward to see how CM will perform on that.

20 minutes ago, G. Smiley said:

Thanks, good to know, then I’ll update by 2016 MBP as well.

I have an new 2021 M1 MBP on order and looking forward to see how CM will perform on that.

I have one on order too. Please post your experience here if you have time. Might be good to compare how things go.

Mine is a 2018 and still seems new - runs everything just fine, so I'm not in a hurry to replace it. This one replaced a 2015 that my dog sent across the room from my lap. Landed upside down and bent back the screen farther that it was supposed to = wonky screen which is too expensive to replace on a 3 year old computer. Hence, the 2018.

Dave

Hi, new member here.  First post and newcomer to the CM franchise.

I've been tracking this thread waiting for my registration to get approved.  I was originally looking at the CMSF2 on Steam but just loved the fact I could run the demos on my Macbook.  Finally took the plunge with CMBN and I'm loving it.  CMSF2 will be a close second in a few days I'm sure.

I was nervous about whether the full version would run on Big Sur but no problems so far.  I'm on a fully loaded 2017 MBP and everything runs great.  Loving the fact I now don't need to boot Windows from bootcamp to play CM.  It was not something I was looking forward to but until I landed at Battlefront I thought that was my only option.

I'll be holding off updating to Monterey until it's a bit more stable.

• 4 weeks later...

For the most part, it is working great. I'm comparing with my previous base model 2016 MBP 13". I'm in a large Studienka PBEM with graphics settings on Best and the turns load significantly faster. I experience less stuttering when navigating the battlefield. So overall  a very good experience.

I have noticed some graphical oddities in CMSF2 and CMFI - see the buildings and walls below.

223989658_Screenshot2021-12-04at13_48.34Large.thumb.jpeg.a51ab75f59a7adae08edc575c77cdd91.jpeg

200157997_Screenshot2021-12-04at13_46.38Large.thumb.jpeg.8ea6310791590f6037f19f5b65401bdf.jpeg

Thanks for the reply. Pity about the graphical anomalies. I have everything working on my windows 10 PC but wondered if I should have a second set of copies of the games on the MacBookPro. It's not critical as I'm only playing at home, and it drives me crazy when I have weird stuff like that - especially if I do any comics. 

16 hours ago, G. Smiley said:

For the most part, it is working great...

I have noticed some graphical oddities in CMSF2 and CMFI - see the buildings and walls below

Thanks for update.

Those artefacts look like shader and shadow issues, what options do you have switched on/off?

Edited by Lucky_Strike

I have same on Macvbook Air M1. 

I like playing with shadows on, so don't really want to turn them off. Hopefully will get fixed. 

Also hopefully M1 native support would come. 

But then again new PBEM will never support any Mac. Maybe Mac (meaning M1 effectively) is not in the picture going forward. 

Edited by AlexUK

I installed all 7 games on my new MacBook Pro. They all work fine (although I am seeing some of the shader issues mentioned above). One thing I noticed is that the loading screens when one wants to take a turn is totally black. No loading progress %. Anyone on Monterey having the same issue?

1 hour ago, Bud Backer said:

I installed all 7 games on my new MacBook Pro. They all work fine (although I am seeing some of the shader issues mentioned above). One thing I noticed is that the loading screens when one wants to take a turn is totally black. No loading progress %. Anyone on Monterey having the same issue?

I can tell you that lots of musicians have problems with their audio plugins not rendering correctly in Monterey. Apple did something there.

Edited by Redwolf

4 hours ago, Bud Backer said:

That started with Big Sur. I have a Mantis report in on it. Both that loading screen and the calculating turn progress bars are missing and have been since the Big Sur update. It's an OS thing and not an M1 issue.

Dave

58 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

That started with Big Sur. I have a Mantis report in on it. Both that loading screen and the calculating turn progress bars are missing and have been since the Big Sur update. It's an OS thing and not an M1 issue.

Dave

Thanks, Dave. My old MacBook was unable to update past Catalina, so I didn't install Big Sur. 

What is interesting is if one goes in the scenario editor, it will give me a progress on loading the map in 3D. Just not PBEM turns (and presumably any other turns). I have to look again when I get to the end of a turn to see if it doesn't do that. I took 4 turns yesterday and I didn't notice that but I wasn't paying attention.