AI vehicles start turned out opened up

Pelican Pal

Hit the unbutton command when you set them up in the editor if they are buttoned.  They don't seem to unbutton when you're in the editor but they will unbutton on turn one.  All you need to do is to check in Scenario Author mode.  I'm sure it never used to be like that and it is counter-intuitive but hitting the unbutton command on set up in the deploy units screen does the trick.

5 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

All you need to do is to check in Scenario Author mode.

Make sure you really start the game in Scenario Author mode. When you first load it up the units are all in their default positions and then after you press the BRB any setup areas assigned to the AI are used and the units jump to their true starting off points.

5 minutes ago, IanL said:

Make sure you really start the game in Scenario Author mode. When you first load it up the units are all in their default positions and then after you press the BRB any setup areas assigned to the AI are used and the units jump to their true starting off points.

I know mate ... I've done a scenario or two 😉

30 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

They don't seem to unbutton when you're in the editor but they will unbutton on turn one. 

So... When I press the "Open Up" button in the editor I see the vehicles open up. The animation plays. Yet when I then load up the same map in the battle mode (with scenario author mode) they are not opened up.

• 2 years later...

@WimO

Dang. Now I just remembered this haunted me with a recent FRANCE 1940 scenario "DER GIGANT", a lone squad of German pionieren must KO a big French Char B1 bis.  

The damn tank commander is sitting admiring the sunshine and trees on that odd hatch seat in the back of the turret and no matter what I did he just would not button up.

If your scenario does not allow the player 'free' deployment, then you, the author can play the first turn, (deployment only, no movement or shooting ) order the tank commander to button up and save the turn. Then instruct the player to begin the game using the Turn One save game file. I have done that on occasion. However this solution is not acceptable for the scenario I am working on at the moment.

18 hours ago, WimO said:

Then instruct the player to begin the game using the Turn One save game file.

Nothing to do with this button up issue and taking the topic off to another area, but I have released 1 or 2 of these saved game file scenarios and they can do some odd and interesting and novel things as the scenario author sets the stage in special ways. 

Edited by kohlenklau