CMCW on steam and Matrix/Slitherine PBEM system

Fizou

1 minute ago, Vacilllator said:

Not for the first time 😉.  Thanks for the explanation, as I read it that PBEM+++ will be something that will have to be paid for.

II hope that is not the case. It is my understanding that this will be a free update for everyone that owns CM:CW.

13 hours ago, MikeyD said:

This is based on nothin' at all, but I wonder if someone at BFC/Slitherine figured since they missed their initial Cold War release window they might as well pace out work on PBEM+++ so everything would be ready for the holiday season release window. I recall there was some surprise CMRT Fire and Rubble module and Cold War had been released so close together. Again, this is based on nothin', just conjecture. I haven't heard so much as murmured whispers on this while riding the corporate HQ elevator ;)

My understanding was that Cold War released exactly on time (presumably at much effort), and that this release window was specified by Slitherine in order to tie into their intended release date on Steam.

Players often ask 'Why can't you just add this to the game' or 'Why can't you just add that to the game". Well, PBEM+++ turned out to be one of those examples of 'just' adding something. 99% no problem to do at all, but that last remaining 1% was a doozy of an obstacle to get over.

2 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Players often ask 'Why can't you just add this to the game' or 'Why can't you just add that to the game". Well, PBEM+++ turned out to be one of those examples of 'just' adding something. 99% no problem to do at all, but that last remaining 1% was a doozy of an obstacle to get over.

I was an application developer for a good part of my career so I can sympathize with your point!

• 2 weeks later...