Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Uniform style needed. Does it already exist somewhere in the CMX2 universe?

Other than the shorts you mentioned, Phil, there isn’t any uniform with rolled up sleeves. The boots can be modded in, but making a rolled shirt means the using the existing sleeves as the arms and I guess masking along the forearms to eliminate the excess cloth.

What model of tunic was worn then? That should be easy to make from existing m43 and m44 tunics.

1 hour ago, mjkerner said:

Other than the shorts you mentioned, Phil, there isn’t any uniform with rolled up sleeves. The boots can be modded in, but making a rolled shirt means the using the existing sleeves as the arms and I guess masking along the forearms to eliminate the excess cloth.

What model of tunic was worn then? That should be easy to make from existing m43 and m44 tunics.

Oh well. No worry. I will just keep the sleeves normal.

German tunics: I read that some of these "model numbers" were not official 3rd Reich designations but have come into being from the "uniform collectors" world. So, that said, I think creating a German tunic that matches to 1941 is definitely doable. Maybe just some coloration changes. Decals are needed for the stalhelms. Everybody should be in jack boots. Barbarossa Camo should be almost non-existent except for zeltbahns and the early version Waffen-SS smocks.

There's no uniform like that that I've seen. I'd say drop the rolled sleeves. To get jackboots only you only need to replace the ankleboot uniform model with the jackboot one, you might have to replace the ankleboot texture as well.

You need either M36 or M40 pattern uniforms with some having the gas cape on the chest as well. I was contemplating doing that for some time with Ez's uniforms, so something might come out soon.

Edited by Frenchy56

On 7/7/2021 at 4:04 PM, Erwin said:

Surprised to see the officer has a revolver.  Someone modded the Brits in CMSF with rolled up sleeves, so that must be possible.

German Flare Pistol - Epic Artifacts - German WW2

The rolled sleeve mod is a texture trick. Whoever made it just textured skin on the sleeves. It doesn't really look good to me.

Edited by Frenchy56

1 hour ago, Frenchy56 said:

You need either M36 or M40 pattern uniforms with some having the gas cape on the chest as well. I was contemplating doing that for some time with Ez's uniforms, so something might come out soon.

Thanks for the info Frenchy.

That would be great if you eventually pumped out the German infantry uniform tweaks for Barbarossa. If you don't I would just purchase the best I could and do some renaming. There are mods for early war German helmets with decals out there I am pretty sure. 

I am working on Soviet uniforms.