kohlenklau's Vehicle Modding Test Idiot Log

2 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

Vehicle modding sometimes reminds me of working on a car. You can have a task progressing ok but then you fumble a fastener and spend an hour trying to retrieve it from the engine compartment. Like this side hatch pistol port issue. The bmp has the images for the port and starboard sides of the turret BUT also has TWO separate images for the pistol port flaps BUT it seems one is redundant and unused and instead ONE is reversed/mirrored to be both sides. THAT is where you hit a snag. The emergency response for this situation is to use symmetric numerals such as your 0, 1 and 8. Standby...

EDIT: also seen below is the bug reported where the bow mg tracks in z-axis rotation WITH the turret rotation. @Frenchy56 Doctor Frenchy, can you provide any mdr surgery to help this patient? 🙂

oIPTioQ.png

I can't replicate the problem on my install, did you do any switching or renaming or?

Edited by Frenchy56

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to try and start to address one of the criticisms of my vehicle mods.

Their "excessive showroom new "appearance!

I will try and play around with various weathering techniques...

-dust and dirt 

-wear areas which show shiny metal or rust

-grime and drippings around engine area

-scratches, dings and dents from the free car wash after the oil change.

-?

28 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

I am going to try and start to address one of the criticisms of my vehicle mods.

Their "excessive showroom new "appearance!

I will try and play around with various weathering techniques...

I have no criticism, but the work of Aris @Fuser shows us the way.  He's not been around recently but his work still shines like a diamond.  And I don't mean in a Pink Floyd way.

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

-dust and dirt 

-wear areas which show shiny metal or rust

-grime and drippings around engine area

-scratches, dings and dents from the free car wash after the oil change.

Rust and rain streaks...

Darken the hull area behind the wheels and tracks.  Often those surfaces are too easily seen as if they are in the sun.  Noticed that modelers often run a black line along every protruding edge to bring out the detail.