Berlin CMRT Map

7 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

If you are happy with it now then no big deal...

But definitely you can change things in Blender with the same bmp. The bmp stays as is. You use Blender to change the model faces over in that last section and how it UV maps back to the bmp. IN FACT, I am thinking it must be an error with face "normals" pointed the wrong way if it is showing reversed as a mirror.

Cheers bud i know nothing about blender anyway so i'll just keep the numbering simple like 88,888, XXX etc Cheers

1 hour ago, NPye said:

Cheers bud i know nothing about blender anyway so i'll just keep the numbering simple like 88,888, XXX etc Cheers

Definitely. Tram car 888. Sounds like an episode of the The Twilight Zone. You are a content geyser.

But I gotta ask where is this all headed? Is there a final destination? QB playable maps with AI plans? Take the stock Berlin scenarios and revamp with your stuff? New scenarios? 🙂 I have found 4 old ASL scenarios based in Berlin in April 1945 that somebody might translate into CMRT scenarios using your stuff. I can post the scenario cards here if desired.

9 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Extracted from my old notes file when investigating META data of concrete pillbox object. Maybe someone can figure out or confirm further details. I mainly compared META data with object (vertex) data in 3D space. Switching to Blender´s bounding box view mode is of help here.

Concrete shelter bunker German

Middle point shift to Action Spot (object turns/rotates around this node relative to its set object origin)
y = +3
x = -1

"hull" Object   MDR

meta1_0     Overall height ?
meta1_1     X coordinate (Depth)?
meta1_2     Y coordinate (middle/center point)?
meta1_3     Z coordinate (high point/center of mass)?
meta1_4     Overall width ?
meta1_5     Center of Mass X coordinate?
meta1_6     Center of Mass Y coordinate?
meta1_7     Center of Mass Z coordinate?

Bunker Hull

Width    Depth    Height
         Y           X            Z    
Meta Unkn1    [5.645, 5.560, 3.536]        (bounding box, unknown purpose)
Meta Unkn2    [6.624, 6.568, 4.069]        (bounding box, unknown purpose)

Y/2= 2.822, X/2= 2.780, z/2= 1.768
Y/2= 3.312, X/2= 3.284, z/2= 2.034

🥴 wahhh! I stick to pictures. This is where my brain goes to mush. I know what the figures are related to but it all starts to go fuzzy before I can make much sense of it. It's a bit like when I try to understand code, it's why I could never do programming, had the same trouble trying to write a centipede 🐛 game on my Commodore 64 back in the day - numeric dyslexic.

7 hours ago, NPye said:

BTW updated the Box Car, much better now...

That's turned out really well Nigel, great work, massive improvement.

7 hours ago, NPye said:

and made a sort of Tram, what you guys tink??????

From the boxcar as well? Really looks good. Can we turn it into a barricade, turn on it on its side and stuff it with debris? We might also be able to use some alpha channels to give it some transparent windows. Though ... I can't tell on the green version, do you already have transparent windows? They both look really cool, nice going.

6 hours ago, NPye said:

So frustrating, I can't get the blur in-game to work, all I can do is use the field blur filter in PS....

And there's more! An immobilised kitty. Great stuff. Your PS blur is nevertheless effective. ReShade is nice for that kind of stuff but the depth map in the game is very crude so getting it just right can be very hit and miss, least with PS you've got a lot more control.

5 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

From the boxcar as well? Really looks good. Can we turn it into a barricade, turn on it on its side and stuff it with debris? We might also be able to use some alpha channels to give it some transparent windows. Though ... I can't tell on the green version, do you already have transparent windows? They both look really cool, nice going.

7 hours ago, NPye said:

Cheers...I tried to cut out the windows completely but the model just doesn't show at all, maybe because it's a flavour object???????. I will update the tram windows on the tram tomorrow as i think it's letting the model down a little bit...

40 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

But I gotta ask where is this all headed? Is there a final destination? QB playable maps with AI plans? Take the stock Berlin scenarios and revamp with your stuff? New scenarios? 🙂 I have found 4 old ASL scenarios based in Berlin in April 1945 that somebody might translate into CMRT scenarios using your stuff. I can post the scenario cards here if desired.

It's a big question I will answer tomorrow as it's nearly 4am here. Cheers

11 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

7 hours ago, NPye said:

Ya i reckon we could dig a slight trench so it's not so tall... Maybe even turn into a current model so troops can enter and fire from???????? Prob not just an idea????

9 minutes ago, NPye said:

Ya i reckon we could dig a slight trench so it's not so tall... Maybe even turn into a current model so troops can enter and fire from???????? Prob not just an idea????

Maybe ... I was thinking either on its side or just as is but chuck in a load of junk to reinforce it. I don't think the height is an issue. They seemed to use bricks and the like to reinforce them. Should be possible to punch holes in the model for busted out windows. I think adding it to something like an immobilised, invisible radio halftrack would give it just enough armour to simulate the bodywork of a tram. Add some rubble walls and bricks around it ... could it be converted into a building? I have no idea how buildings are constructed in game so this is probably a very random thought.

59 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:
8 hours ago, NPye said:

and made a sort of Tram, what you guys tink??????

From the boxcar as well? Really looks good. Can we turn it into a barricade, turn on it on its side and stuff it with debris? ...

I like the idea as well. If placement point (center point or however the objects origin for placement is called?) is shifted 1m then maybe one could put it over some wall terrain for bits of its inherent cover and obstacle properties. Then also can be cleared with blast command.

Edited by RockinHarry

1 hour ago, Lucky_Strike said:
10 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Extracted from my old notes file when investigating META data of concrete pillbox object. Maybe someone can figure out or confirm further details. I mainly compared META data with object (vertex) data in 3D space. Switching to Blender´s bounding box view mode is of help here.

Concrete shelter bunker German

Middle point shift to Action Spot (object turns/rotates around this node relative to its set object origin)
y = +3
x = -1

"hull" Object   MDR

meta1_0     Overall height ?
meta1_1     X coordinate (Depth)?
meta1_2     Y coordinate (middle/center point)?
meta1_3     Z coordinate (high point/center of mass)?
meta1_4     Overall width ?
meta1_5     Center of Mass X coordinate?
meta1_6     Center of Mass Y coordinate?
meta1_7     Center of Mass Z coordinate?

Bunker Hull

Width    Depth    Height
         Y           X            Z    
Meta Unkn1    [5.645, 5.560, 3.536]        (bounding box, unknown purpose)
Meta Unkn2    [6.624, 6.568, 4.069]        (bounding box, unknown purpose)

Y/2= 2.822, X/2= 2.780, z/2= 1.768
Y/2= 3.312, X/2= 3.284, z/2= 2.034

Expand  

🥴 wahhh! I stick to pictures. This is where my brain goes to mush. I know what the figures are related to but it all starts to go fuzzy before I can make much sense of it. It's a bit like when I try to understand code, it's why I could never do programming, had the same trouble trying to write a centipede 🐛 game on my Commodore 64 back in the day - numeric dyslexic.

Same here. Just found my old Blender files and related notes again. Got to have a look  and maybe I´ll remember what I´d figured out in 2020. 🤪 Only important thing is most META data seem to relate to some the associated models XYZ coordinates. Then I think the game engine pulls the data for it´s various calculations, i.e apertures (viewports) or hitboxes and the like. One got to see most that data in triplets, defining space coordinates unless there´s some single ones defining something similar to exhaust or individual crew positions.

13 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

I like the idea as well. If placement point (center point or however the objects origin for placement is called?) is shifted 1m then maybe one could put it over some wall terrain for bits of its inherent cover and obstacle properties. Then also can be cleared with blast command.

Yes, that should be possible. We move stuff all the time we just need to remember to apply the transforms and rotations, then we should be fine. Wouldn't take a few minutes to test, worst case is it won't export or does something like appear in the map surround, unreachable by anything ...

13 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Same here. Just found my old Blender files and related notes again. Got to have a look  and maybe I´ll remember what I´d figured out in 2020. 🤪 Only important thing is most META data seem to relate to some the associated models XYZ coordinates. Then I think the game engine pulls the data for it´s various calculations, i.e apertures (viewports) or hitboxes and the like. One got to see most that data in triplets, defining space coordinates unless there´s some single ones defining something similar to exhaust or individual crew positions.

Hehe, how many times have you gone to look at old notes only to wonder what on earth you were writing about?

Yes, as everything in 3D world is described as XYZ then I think it's very likely the triples describe this. Some may describe HSL or RGB colour values - more triplets - could be related to stuff like transparency and reflectivity which CAN be manipulated to an extent in Blender AND seen in game.

I can't remember if you said - did you try changing the model bounding boxes in Blender to see if these have an impact in game?

This has got to be a CM first a complete map of Anhalter Bahnhof area in Berlin, parts of the station buildings have elements of the original building, we have a goods yard, 2 turnstiles and 20 plus tracks all leading to the station, we have 100s of carriages, opposite the station entrance we have the famous Europahaus on Saarlandstraße which leads to Potsdamer Platz which in turn leads to the New Reichs Chancellery and the Reichstag... The Soviets grand prize. The attacking force will be from Konevs 1st Ukrainian Front, and he is in a hurry to beat Zhukov to the Reichstag. So clearing the station and surrounding area is a must for him and his troops must do it quickly if they are to have any chance of getting to the Reichstag first. The Race is on...

Big thanks to Lucky strike for getting the Train from 3d to in-game. Cheers

R2UGmP.png

R2crsT.png

R2c8Qo.png

R2UUex.png

R2UYUA.png

Edited by NPye

18 hours ago, NPye said:

LOL Just a bittafun, playing with trains in Anhalter Bahnhof... Turn the sound up for full effect.

This was fun. Although a pedant might grumble that it can't be used in Red Thunder as the station was blown to bits in Feb '45. Of course, they'd also moan that we can't enjoy this as it came out in 1946.  ...  

1 hour ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Neues Reichskanzlei completed.

Noddlehead's Narodniks only managed a Minor Victory despite taking all of their objectives. It turned out that Mad Addy's blokes had loads of hidden objectives. A bit gamey, but "c'est la guerre", as Chuck Berry once said. No, hang on that's wrong ain't it? 

Not sure what all this means but did you like playing it and did you deal with the German counter attack????? BTW That's the war...lol

2 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

This was fun. Although a pedant might grumble that it can't be used in Red Thunder as the station was blown to bits in Feb '45. Of course, they'd also moan that we can't enjoy this as it came out in 1946.  ...

Yeh I cleaned it up for this video as the trains look really dumb going through craters etc... Around April 28th the Germans opened the floodgates from the Landwehr Canal, and the Underground was flooded to prevent the Soviets using it to advance into Z sector, this was probably not needed as the policy with Berlin underground was to bypass it and block entrances etc. The station was reopened after hostilities ended, for a while until it was demolished in the early 60s...

10 minutes ago, NPye said:

Not sure what all this means but did you like playing it and did you deal with the German counter attack????? BTW That's the war...lol

Yes, the counter-attackers died in droves. And I enjoyed the fight. But was a bit surprised that the Germans still held five or six objectives despite the fact that I had secured all of mine. I think the final points score was Germans 2000. Me 2500. Although ale has been taken since the battle ended.