Invisible tank destroyed 2

Anybody remembers the topic invisible tank destroyed? Here: https://community.battlefront.com/topic/137225-invisible-tank-destroyed/

That time it was dismissed as a "user error" because the reporter couldn't provide a save game file. And also screenshots.

Now for another example:

Tank looking at a field in the desert. There are 2 strykers, 1 behind the other. Both are stationary.

t1.jpg

The T-62 can only see the stryker behind.

t2.jpg

He makes a shot:

t3.jpg

And that is obviously goes through the stryker in the front as well, since it is directly blocking the aiming line.

But the T-62 can't see it even now, despite the fact it was in the middle of the aiming reticle, actually blocking the view on the target.

t4.jpg

Savefile here: LINK

Now tell me this is working as intended.

Edited by Bufo

I remember a situation in BN not too long ago when I knew of a Marder sitting in a field so I had a tank go through a gap in the hedges, turn and shoot at it. To my great surprise there was a huge explosion right in front of my tank while the Marder was unhurt. Still couldn't understand what happened. A couple of turns later the wreck of another Marder was sitting right in front of my tank who never spotted it despite it being within 20m. Sadly no save :(

Sometimes things are a bit wonky. I don't think we will ever get to "perfect all the time". From your screenshots it seems like the dust is playing a trick on spotting (I've seen that too). 

33 minutes ago, Erwin said:

It's not uncommon that a shot will go thru one vehicle and hit another one situated along the same trajectory behind it.  There have been cases of 3 being KIA with one shot.

I didn't say that was a problem.

That is completely normal in case of a stryker, because the armor us too thin.

Did you read what I posted?

Edited by Bufo

This may have something to do with the target vehicle moving, it might have shifted chassis position, or rotated its turret while the closer vehicle remained motionless.

Having been on the receiving end of something like this in game. If I had sites on a tank and rotated facing I got spotted while crews were still preparing to launch while other vehicles nearby were not spotted.  This doesn't answer the question why the closer vehicle was not seen, but rather why the further tank was.

It seems to me the issue is that the game only checks for spotting for each enemy vehicle individually. It doesn't take positions of other vehicles into account.

It's a design limitation, and a very understandable limitation for this decade old engine. But it would have helped save everybody's time if they had just said so to begin with.

Edited by Bulletpoint

5 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

this decade old engine

It's up to 14 years old since CMSF1 was released.  It is impressive that such an old system is still viable.  But, CM1 lasted from 1999 before CM2 superceded it which was only 8 years.  As you know, CM2 won't even run on my new machine.  I suspect more issues will arise as more time goes by.  We can only hope that CM3 is in the works.