Campaign creation

Is there an instruction manual somewhere? I have managed to unpack scenarios from a campaign and edit some settings but can’t figure out how to create a campaign with the new edited scenarios. 

ive been in the editor clicked on create campaign but there is no option to upload scenarios that I have seen anyway.

13 minutes ago, zmoney said:

That’s exactly what I was looking for thank you. Is the campaign creation manual separate from the game manual? I have read through the CMBS and CMSF2 manual but didn’t see the scenario editor part.

Game Engine Manual page 113 under 'Making Campaigns' - but maybe missing the point of the question. It sounds like you are trying to recompile the campaign using modified scenario settings. But you'll need a core units file - if you are modifying unit settings you'll need to do it via the core units file, and you'll need a campaign script. It's all explained from page 113. But I'm thinking what you are seeking to do is not going to be possible in the way you perhaps think it is.

I think I am missing the core units file. I have the campaign script and that loaded fine. Is the core units file a separate notepad type file or is it in a scenario file?

I am trying to make changes to Task Force 3-69 campaign in Black Sea. I can’t stand having Western troops labeled as green. I bumped up green to reg but adjusted leadership values lower to be more accurate in my mind. 

2 minutes ago, zmoney said:

I think I am missing the core units file. I have the campaign script and that loaded fine. Is the core units file a separate notepad type file or is it in a scenario file?

I am trying to make changes to Task Force 3-69 campaign in Black Sea. I can’t stand having Western troops labeled as green. I bumped up green to reg but adjusted leadership values lower to be more accurate in my mind. 

You would need the core units file and any changes to the experience etc would have to be done in that file. You would then import that core unit file into each mission you want to sue so casualties etc can be synchronised after each mission.

I've no idea what the file might be named but it is the mission file that has the campaign briefing in it. You find the file with the campaign briefing you have found the core units file. Make your experience and leadership changes in the core units file then you will need to import that core units file into each and every mission file used in the campaign. Once that is done you can then recompile the campaign.

Making changes to each unit in each mission will not work overall in the campaign as you will still need the core units file to compile the campaign and that will for casualties to be tracked will need to be imported into each mission which will overwrite any experience/leadership changes you may have already made.

But you need to be careful making changes to core units - experience etc should be fine but watch out renaming units etc. 

9 hours ago, zmoney said:

Don’t really know what I’m doing wrong..... I’ve loaded the core units and only changed the xp lvl on a couple units. I fire up the campaign and only one unit shows up on the map hmmmmmmmm

Did you import the core unit file to each and every mission file? You'll need to do that for every scenario in your campaign- then check and delete any additional units - then resave the file.

9 hours ago, zmoney said:

I’ve loaded the core units and only changed the xp lvl on a couple units. I fire up the campaign and only one unit shows up on the map hmmmmmmmm

Double check that you are creating the campaign from the Core scenario file- that's the file you need to have open when creating the campaign. The units not showing up sounds like there isn't a source to be drawing the units from.