Archer Tank Destroyers facing wrong way?

You two should get a room.  I must stop saying that.

Anyway, here's proof (I think) that the driver did not have to jump in a ditch while t'others were doing their business.  But it also proves that he felt the need for something a bit more protective.

Archer, Self Propelled 17 Pdr Anti-tank gun

Edited by Vacilllator
illiteracy or just bad typing skills

32 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

"Did any of you see Private Parrot at the E.N.S.A. party last night?"

"No, Sarge. He was at his D.S.A. meeting."

"D.S.A. What's that?"

"Dummy Spitters Anonymous."

eb52e941349f84bc92ede3ad7ea531a5.jpg

haven't spat my dummy, just not looking for confrontation or any kind of one-upmanship , etc.  i'm an introvert.  if i feel snubbed i walk away.    i'm beneath your standards?  ok-now i know, and i'm not bothered.    yuo've good taste in pop-culture, at least.

rob

8 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

gotten

An interesting word.  Recently criticised for being 'American-ish', but as we (Queen's Englishers 😁) already have 'ill-gotten gains' I imagine that's not justified?  If there's anyone I could ask I thought it might be you?

And we can get back to 17 pounders and doing it in a ditch in just a moment...

On 3/2/2021 at 4:32 AM, chuckdyke said:

It was a clever idea; you get to an alternative fire position quickly. To reverse for the final set up is not much of a problem. 

I've found Archers a bit fiddly to use in-game, but they're certainly not an inferior AFV.

Anything with a 17pdr is best used with maximum stealth, since nearly every Allied vehicle is vulnerable to any German tank from PzIV upward; and since 17pdrs are usually hunting Tigers or Panthers, the trick is to be just outside the edge of LOS, stationary, waiting for a glimpse, which hopefully is enough for a single kill-shot.

Archers can do this as well as Fireflies and Achilles, they're just take a little more practice, with the whole reversing thing...

5 hours ago, Freyberg said:

I've found Archers a bit fiddly to use in-game, but they're certainly not an inferior AFV.

Anything with a 17pdr is best used with maximum stealth, since nearly every Allied vehicle is vulnerable to any German tank from PzIV upward; and since 17pdrs are usually hunting Tigers or Panthers, the trick is to be just outside the edge of LOS, stationary, waiting for a glimpse, which hopefully is enough for a single kill-shot.

Archers can do this as well as Fireflies and Achilles, they're just take a little more practice, with the whole reversing thing...

I would use the as an area denial weapon keyhole them on the end of a highway. It is not a tank-hunter more an ambush weapon. The moment you move you give your position away. It is not capable of shoot and scoot like the American Hellcat.