Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Engine 5 Wishlist

5 hours ago, laurent 22 said:

Salut @PEB14 , yes, I was thinking about the 2nd DB in Panam :) I remember a big scenario in CMx1 with the FFI fighting on Place de la Concorde, the Tuileries and Rue de Rivoli. This street would require modeling of the arcades. The obelisk would be a flavor object. The liberation of Paris could be a campaign like the capture of Cologne in the last BN Battle Pack.

BF.c had modeled the Arnhem bridge, designed the Dutch houses, why not make a big effort for Paris which is the capital of BN ? Berlin, the capital of RT and Rome the capital of FI, with the Vatican and the Coliseum in 3D, I'm afraid of getting banned from the forum by asking for this :)

>give me some advices and I can try to created some "candy eyes" or some milestones or whatever available in CM flavour objects...

I agree with you, the manors and small ruined castles dot the French countryside, cylindrical towers, modeled on mills, would also be welcome. These buildings would enhance the excellent Kandu/Wimo campaign maps. It's true that if we start listing the expectations about terrain and building modeling, we're not done :).

(My topic doesn't really belong in the wishes for engine 5 which only concerns the physical performances of the game - frame rate, lights, cache memory etc. There will be no new 3D models, new units, or new functions.) 

My wish would be to involve some French partisans outside the metropolis or why not inside Paris, because I judge that they deserve to have their place within the CMBN because they participated to a large extent and contributed to the final result of the success of the landing, and also well before.

For me, the French militias have already seen the light of day in my PC, remains just to choose the right files that will represent the partisans and their weapons, but believe me, I have already been working on it, for months the right time, I will need some supports for uniforms, weapons, and possibly vehicles, and a good dose of history, as well as someone qualified to create one or several scenarios, to obtain an acceptable and playable result for CM this one and many of them take place on my many wishes to working on!!

Edited by JM Stuff

4 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

My wish would be to involve some French partisans outside the metropolis or why not inside Paris, because I judge that they deserve to have their place within the CMBN because they participated to a large extent and contributed to the final result of the success of the landing, and also well before.

For me, the French militias have already seen the light of day in my PC, remains just to choose the right files that will represent the partisans and their weapons, but believe me, I have already been working on it, for months the right time, I will need some supports for uniforms, weapons, and possibly vehicles, and a good dose of history, as well as someone qualified to create one or several scenarios, to obtain an acceptable and playable result for CM this one and many of them take place on my many wishes to working on!!

Sounds good, any British troops files could be used. Unfortunately, whatever "cover" or "disguise" you give to them, they won't get the proposer weapons. Historically, they used basically everything on-hand: parachuted British weapons (mainly Sten smg and a few Bren), some German captured weapons, and lots of former French weapons (Lebel rifle and a few Châtellerault LMG).

I really wish BFC could dedicate a small module (CMBN and CMFB) to the French troops, both  the Résistance and the regular army ones. In 1945, there were no less than 11 French divisions (compared to Canada's 5 and Poland's 4) on the Western and Italian Fronts! It's a pity they didn't get their proper representation outside the Italian front of CMFI (where French troops only fought a few months…).