GOG Just Made Battlefront Some Cash

Hello all,

I thought I'd tell a little story for what it is worth.  This post is bit related a little to CM's recent decision to start pushing the Steam front of things and a general need for exposure. 

Something like 15 years or so ago I owned and played CMBO, CMBB, and CMAK.  I played for about 2 or 3 years before life took hold and I felt like I had mostly played those games out. 

Well, a few weeks ago I was browsing GOG's sale and found all three of those old games for like $3 each.  For that price I bought all three to see if there was any magic left.  Partly nostalgia and partly based on fun game play, I had a grand old time even though the games are so old have have pretty poor graphics now.  So I decided to see if Battlefront was even alive and find out what they were up to.  Lo and behold, CMx2 was going strong. 

I immediately downloaded the CMBN demo and was very impressed with how everything had improved (except for a little frustration looking for the old LOS tool).  About 15 minutes into the battle I witnessed a hidden German MG position open up behind a stone wall and my Shermans and M1918s returned fire.  Seeing my tracers ricocheting all over the place after hitting the wall (pretty much like in real life) had me let out a giddy laugh and I was sold.  It's amazing to me how rare it is to see that happen in games.  I spent about 12 hours on the demo playing the missions and testing out stuff.

So thanks for letting GOG sell the old trio since you have apparently not spent a dime on marketing in 15 years ;).  As of now, I have purchased the CMFI big bundle. That GOG exposure will end up netting Battlefront at least the following sales from me within the next year: CMFI Big Bundle, CMBS (coding the need to split off some men from the squad disembarking the BMP to man the optics show a startling attention to detail that I love), CMRT + Fire & Rubble bundle (once released).  Who knows, maybe I'll get suckered in on some of the other titles too.

Regards

50 minutes ago, S.h.r.i.k.e said:

Who knows, maybe I'll get suckered in on some of the other titles too.

+1 welcome back and you will not regret it, I don't think it's 'suckered' as it's all very good.

Be prepared to buy everything 😉.  I've been totally into Final Blitzkrieg of late but all of the other WW2 titles are worth every penny / cent. 

Fanboi, qui moi?