Spotting dirty great armoured behemoths

11 hours ago, MikeyD said:

This may have nothin' to do with nothin'. I recall years (decades) ago being out in the open Arizona countryside looking for native American artifacts. Busy with my head down minding my own business, I heart a *snort* close by. Look around I noticed there was a huge bull the size of an SUV standing in the same field and I had never noticed! 😱

I had the exact same experience this year, while looking for mushrooms.

But did the bull weigh 44 tonnes, and was it running on tracks powered by a 690 hp Maybach V12 engine? Were you actually looking for such bulls? If no, then I don't think the comparison really adds anything to the discussion.

Edited by Bulletpoint

1 hour ago, Bulletpoint said:

If no, then I don't think the comparison really adds anything to the discussion.

I coan give you an anecdote thats slightly more relevant.

On an exercise i was sitting with my squad just off a crossroad in a forest waiting to move on and suddenly on the crossroad a 210ton military truck apeared. Noone had heard or seen it until it stood on the crossroad itself and ony those actually facing the crossroad itself even saw it. And that instance wasnt even with any combat noise around.

26 minutes ago, holoween said:

I coan give you an anecdote thats slightly more relevant.

On an exercise i was sitting with my squad just off a crossroad in a forest waiting to move on and suddenly on the crossroad a 210ton military truck apeared. Noone had heard or seen it until it stood on the crossroad itself and ony those actually facing the crossroad itself even saw it. And that instance wasnt even with any combat noise around.

Yes, that is a better anecdote. However, you did actually spot the vehicle as it came close.

I remember before 4.0 Patch came out there was a discussion about Infantry not being able to spot enemy Armor driving right up to next to them for a period time...I thought BF decided to change this a little so that troops can see enemy Armor at close range a little better/faster. 

3 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Yes, that is a better anecdote. However, you did actually spot the vehicle as it came close.

Only the one actually looking this direction. If we werent in a 360 security at the time we could have missed it entirely.

2 hours ago, c3k said:

Yes, he did, but to give due credit, he did say it was a 210 ton vehicle.  ;)

Lol i meant 10 tons