Using Editor to do a simple qb like scenario

Hello !

I've been working (struggling) with the editor for a few hours and I'm quite stuck now. 

Generally I'm playing CMs only with qb because... well I just like it a lot. However I acquired CM normandy some days ago and found that the Konigstiger(P) was not available in qb (yes the disappointment was unbearable 🙂), I looked on the forums to see if we could modify a file to change the qb unit list (which would be super neat btw) , if there's a mod to fix this but nope the only way seems to be the editor.

I didn't want to create a map or an advanced scenario but rather to "mimic" a qb as I read it was possible.

So I loaded a qb map, saw that there were setup zones for an allied attack and a german defense, that there was one terrain objective and no casulaties objective (which I messed around a bit but I'm not sure if I did good there). I then "purchased" both sides forces like I usually do and I put one platoon in group A1, the other in A2 and so on not really knowing if it was something to do.

I launched my test "scenario", I deployed my forces as the defender and waited for the US to attack and this is where things went quite wrong; I was affraid that the AI wouldn't do anything so I was relieved to see some movement, except that the AI attacked my right flank with all the armor that I had given to it, well I wasn't sure if it was a problem or not since it could be a valuable tactic but in fine I destroyed them all and they gave back enough destruction to make it enjoyable.

However no sign of the infantry except two squads that didn't go far on my left flank, I passed quite a lot of time and... nothing. Made the cease fire and saw that the AI had more than 250 men up and ready, reviewed the map and so all the squads comfy in their halftracked completely still on the edge of the map.

Does anyone know what I did wrong ? Or if it's possible to do a simple qb like scenario without having to spend a week on Ai and testing since I want the AI to do it's own things rather than to tell it to do this then that and so on ?

Thank you for reading !

You'll probably have to send some screenshots of what you actually did in the editor.  I'm more of a scenario rather than a QB expert having only converted an existing QB map for @37mm's Heaven and Earth CMSF conversion.  What little I do know is that you do not have to assign units to AI slots when making a QB.  Conceptually they are simple but doing them well is a bit of an art that not many people have mastered.

The AI plans only had orders for two groups. A1 (in the unit list they appear with no label) and A2. I reviewed the plans and made sure they all did something and that there was a passenger dismount for the armoured infantry to use - one plan did not have one. Then I reassigned the armour to one group and the armoured infantry to the other (I for got to memorize which was which but in the unit purchase screen you can see.

I ran a test and got a two pronged attack. I did not test both AI plans just one but I think that will get you on track.

testModified.btt

24 minutes ago, Freyberg said:

You need to check the dates you've selected in your QB (or something).

I've got CMBN with Commonwealth Forces & Market Garden, and I've definitely had King Tigers in QBs :)

I already checked and the kingtigers that you are seeing must be the kingtigers with the henschel turret rather than the porsche turret, you can tell the difference cause the later is identified as Kingtiger (porsche).

And you should have access to it in july and august.