Two stupid reasons I love this game!

Guest Silesian-jaeger

Guest Silesian-jaeger

Considering all that is included in this game BTS could have skipped on a lot of smaller things. But they didn't. Here are two little things that make me love this game.

#1.Vehicles keep moving randomly after being knocked out.

#2.Tanks push knocked out vehicles out of the way as they pass.

Ok, so I'm easy to please. But this game kicks ass. Bring on CM#2!

------------------

"In one (German) town, Private Honey stood next to an

elderly German man and a ten-year-old boy. As the Shermans and brand-new

Pershings rumbled by the boy said,'Deutsches Panzer lind besser.' Honey

looked down at him and asked,'If

German tanks are better,

why aren't they here?' "

quote from Stephen E. Ambrose, "Citizen Soldiers"

Guest Silesian-jaeger

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eba:

How about two tanks killing each other with their last shots? Don't see that in many (any?) other games.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had that happen twice yesterday w/in a span of 30 seconds. Very cool indeed.

In another game I had a panzerschrenk team on ambush in a wooden house. When they fired on the first tank the house they were in caught on fire. I think it was from the backblast. If that was the case, that is fricken cool.

[This message has been edited by Silesian-jaeger (edited 09-07-2000).]

For me, it was one of my first games, and some of my men were in a building getting shelled by artillery. I locked on them and went to Level 1 view to watch. Every time the building got hit, debris would fall from the ceiling and my men would put their hands over their heads. I said to myself, "Hey...they went to the trouble to put falling debris from the ceiling!" I knew it was supposed to be this super-duper realistic wargame, and I had some preconceptions about those kind of games, but the falling debris showed me that the developers understood the fantasy aspect of games as well as the realistic aspect. With the falling debris and them putting their hands over their heads like that, I started feeling a little sorry for the poor guys. I wondered if I should move them out, or leave them where they were...what was best for them?? That was the beginning....

DeanCo--

This one knocked my socks off...

Check this out....

Watch a big main gun when it fires from view 1 like an 88 on a Tiger and when it fires the RECOIL on the main gun is modeled and a small puff of smoke actually comes out of the gun barrel.

seriously folks!

they actually modeled an animation sequence for the Damn Main Gun recoil!

watch it

its a thing of beauty!

-tom w

for true fun do this.

Go to camera view one and place yourself inside of a tank as it is being brewed up.

truly fantastic.

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Guest barrold713

a hidden platoon rising up in unison to open fire and having mortars drop HE on the scurrying survivors ranks right up there.

I was just playing a scenario and I had a shreck sneaking into a fire position when a Sherman 105 came around a corner firing his MG. The team ran into a building, crouched and fired from about 75 meters and scored a front turret penetration to knock it out before it tore up any more of my infantry.

Each battle features some story worth telling. God I love this game. biggrin.gif

BDH

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb having a say on the vote"

- Ben Franklin

I had a Sherman 76mm and a Pzkw IVG kill each other with simultanious shots,which was cool,but the coolest part was when the German crew chased down the American crew and offed them! I mean how many other games would model stuff like that and still be the most realistic thing on the market? Awesome! biggrin.gif

------------------

Nicht Schiessen!!

Tonight I got some classic screenshots.

I am playing a random scenario against the polish. And well after a Sherman V tore up a heavy machine gun crew it tried to come into town. Well on the 59th second it came perfectly into view of my Tiger smile.gif

On the second 2 of the next turn I see the recoil, feel the sound of the gun firing and then the glee as I hear that great explosion of a Sherman smile.gif I had a Squad of rifle men hunt down the crew and teach them a lesson on how to kill smile.gif

Everytime I play this game I get more into it. But somehow have to figure out why I can wipe all the shermans out but a single one will whack out like 4 tigers. Oh well hehehe

Gen

First email-game I played, Kommerscheid as Allies.

My German counterpart rushes the village, heavy house-house fighting.

While checking how an outdoor squad is doing, I hear something... "hey, wait a minute!"...rewind... focus on a an indoor fighting scene. And yes - what I did hear was fisticuffs and grunts as the punches landed.

That was my "whatta-truly-great-game-this-is" moment smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Barb:

and no reason is good enough to hate this game smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tell that to my wife! rolleyes.gif

Me, I love the fact that tanks firing at a very close target can knock themselves out. smile.gif

------------------

Canada: Where men were men, unless they were horses.

-Dudley Do-right

Just today is happened one thing that amazed me.

2000 point scenario, night time and armour random choice for both side in a town.

I've lined up 3 stugs (the auto-buying feature is always buying this turtle) in the main road were I supposed the enemy attack will develop.

After 4 or 5 quiet turns an undefined tank shape appeared from the crossroad ,between some tall buildings, just a hundred of meters in front of my stugs. The 3 opened fire and the unidentified tank brew up with two shots on target. The next turn the undefined shape changed to a Pershing. None of my units went close to the tank, so nobody have had a better LOS on it. I'm supposing that the burning tank enlightened up the surrounding giving a better sight to my stugs.

Probably is only a coincidence but it is still amazing.

------------------

"Memento Audere Semper" - G. D'Annunzio

Go to view 1 when one of your tanks gets bogged, it makes a slurrrrrpppp type of sound like it's getting sucked into mud. Also it drops down into the ground a little. Also there is another sound for it going immobile (sounds like it loses a track). pretty cool!

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wanderer:

I love this game, even though I don,t have the full copy yet. I have ordered it, but was pacing back and forward in antisipation 5 minutes after I ordered it. I can't take it anymore.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CM Borg! CM Borg! Calling CM Borg!

smile.gif