Where are the Syrians or Americans?

Majestic12

I've seen this happen while modding. The strings are all messed up. The indexes for those table entries must be screwed up. That's why you got T-55mv as region, and T-62 in the army drop down. It is curious to see entries from other titles, I'm guessing BFC tried to standardize string tables for all Engine 4 games.

I'd recommend a reinstall.

15 minutes ago, DerKommissar said:

I'd recommend a reinstall.

5 minutes ago, sburke said:

Yeah what he said. I’ve also seen it when users have an issue with where the selected download to go.

Uninstall and delete the unpacked installer files you used to install the first time. Create a new empty folder and unzip the downloaded installer into that directory. Then run the installer from there and don't add any mods and see if that fixes it.

A string mod from a non matching version or different game can cause surprising strings to show up. If you run an installer from a location where other CM install files are located the install will be messed up and you will see crazy stuff like this.

Whenever the text gets funky like that, its an indication you've either got something in your Data folder that hadn't ought to be there or your missing something from you Data folder that ought to be there. The (PC) CMSF2 data folder is simplicity itself, just shock force v200a.brz, shock force v200b.brz, and shock force v200c.brz with the intro.wmv for game start.

21 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Whenever the text gets funky like that, its an indication you've either got something in your Data folder that hadn't ought to be there or your missing something from you Data folder that ought to be there. The (PC) CMSF2 data folder is simplicity itself, just shock force v200a.brz, shock force v200b.brz, and shock force v200c.brz with the intro.wmv for game start.

Those are the files I am missing. How do I acquire them? This what my Data folder looks like

Shock Force 2 data.png

those are in the download, question is more where are you unpacking the installer to and where are you telling it to install.  The location you unpack the installer has those 3 files and moves or copies them to your install location depending on where you tell it to install.

Edited by sburke

My procedure is I copy the zip file to a specific folder - in this case a folder caller CMSF2, nothing else is in that folder.  When I unpack it creates a folder inside there for the installer package.  The parent folder for that is where I create all the folders for the individual installers  for CM games.  Kind of looks like this in a directory tree

CM Game Installers

CMFI

CMBN

CMFB

CMSF2

CMSF v200 Installer Zip file

CMSF v200 Installer folder

CMSF v200 Installer

BRZ files A, B and C

Intro media

When I run the installer I specify a battlefront folder where it creates the CMSF2 folder and installs the files.    My suspicion is the place you put the installer to unpack is grabbing files from possibly the demo zip file.     

Edited by sburke