First set of Magua's building mods available

Magua has sent me the first series of his rural building mods. Modest as he is, he points out that his winterversion is "a little bit quick and nasty", but to me, they look as a piece of art. Zip-files available for downloading at the link below.

screenshots

Stavelotstreet.jpg

Street in Stavelot

assenoisview2.jpg

View of Assenois

------------------

http://users.pandora.be/aneric/index8.htm#Projects

[This message has been edited by McAuliffe (edited 10-22-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by McAuliffe:

Magua has sent me the first series of his rural building mods. Modest as he is, he points out that his winterversion is "a little bit quick and nasty", but to me, they look as a piece of art. Zip-files available for downloading at the link below.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is something wrong with the rural summer file. It is only 557kb, when it should be 3.1mb. I can d/l the wintrer one no problem, but the summer one gives me an error in winzip.

Alert!

The summer file is broken! It is only about 520k, not 3+ Mbs. When I try to open it, it says "Not a valid archive".

Winter worked fine. I have tried summer 3 times now, with same results each time.

EDIT

For those that have not installed already, I would advise against using the Winter Wall texture. The rest of the mod is very good, but the wall is not consecutive, and there are clear breaks between sections.

END EDIT

Chris

------------------

What the hell is a Jagdcarcajou?

[This message has been edited by Jagdcarcajou (edited 10-22-2000).]

Guest SS Peiper

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maxx:

yep same problem here - zip file is corrupted (is the message).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

same here the summer zip file is corrupt

SS Peiper

*Bump*

Thanks Eric !

One of the BEST mods so far. The new high-res buildings look incredible ( details , shadows etc. ).For me they work with the original graphics as well as with Gunslingers mod. I hope we will see more stuff from this author.

Regards

Tom

------------------

Visit Toms Combat Mission HQ ( bilingual site ) at http://home.germany.net/101-77027/CM/TCMHQ.html

Magua,

Are those custom trees and grass/sky that you designed in the previous screenshots? If so, are you planning on releasing them at some point as well?

Thanks for the great work!

I'm working on a scenario with a decent sized town in it and a lot of random buildings, so I dl'ed the summer mod and fired up my scenario. All I can say is, WOW. I'm blown away. Really, they make the whole game look much better. All the graphics seem better, they set off the grass and suddenly the grass looks better too. And they're realistic! I use bumpy grass, they go perfect with it. My compliments to the author on a great job.

DeanCo--

Doesn't everybody use the Velvet grass? Especially Gunslinger's toned-down version? In alot of these mod screenshots, I see the stock grass tiles.

BTW, downloading the new buildings now. According to the screenshots they finally look as realistic as possible.

------------------

Coming soon to a web near you...

The Maximus CM Mod HQ

This site will be host to a plethera of mods from myself and others.

Please send questions and comments to: davem@shawneelink.net

Very nice indeed. Magua has succeeded in doing the most difficult thing there is to do in a mod of this kind; achieve a consistant theme. I've seen lots of mods for CM and other games that individually look very nice, but taken as a whole they looked jumbled and unrealistic. Don't underestimate how hard it is to get this right.

If this is the beta version, I can't wait to see what's next. Thanks for a great mod Magua.

Don Panzertruppen Maddox

Combat Mission Deputy Custodian

Blitzkrieg Wargaming Club

I just checked out your buildings in a PBEM scenario I'm playing,man I was blown away!

They're fantastic,really remind me of the Europe I saw when I was stationed there!

Thank you for the hard work Magua and thanks for bringing them to us McAuliffe!

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif Joe

[This message has been edited by Splinty (edited 10-22-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SS Peiper:

I think they look great with Gunslingers Mod

SS Peiper<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think so too

I have mixed them up

I prefer gunslinger's roof tiles 1201 and 1202 and his small buildings 300-320 bmps

and I think they do share a VERY similiar colour pallet

COOL!

-tom w

Hi all

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

They're fantastic,really remind me of the Europe I saw when I was stationed there!

.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed are truly excellent Mod for buildings and I agree with 'Splinty' that this mod renders buildings that have a much more European 'feel' to them.

Kudos to Magua for this and indeed to all the authors of Mods out there who have added new dimensions of fun and immersion to this most excellent Wargame smile.gif

Cheers

------------------

Sgt Steiner

Belfast

NI UK