OK, so what is it you all wanted?

Guest Big Time Software

BTS,

you have outdone yourselves again!!!!!!

outstanding!!!!!!!

well,i'm off to play CE!!!!!!!

(unless my blind opponent has insomnia....)

------------------

"I for one, am pretty damn close to a Genius"

-O'B&G-

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

NOOOOOOOOOOOO,

i wake up,

go to work,

check the board for some needed distraction,

see this little post,

check it out,

read the 1st sentence,

leave the baord and start downloading,

returning to the board while downloading,

download will end in 3 minutes,

still have to work for 9 hours,

feeling NOT happy.

I think i'm going to be sick in some minutes. Yeah that's it, i really need to go home now.

But i do say thank you, at least i have an excuse to stop playing Asheron's Call smile.gif

Guest Thumper

Gentlemen,

A sincere thanks for your obvious labor of love, the game is tremendous. A thank you as well for all of your work in answering/replying to all of our questions, suggestions, hysterical rants at this board. I have been playing computer games since the early days of the Apple II and I have never, ever, seen any company with this level of customer support (or hand holding andnose wiping smile.gif) besides Big Time. I look forward to the filling of my order.

Alex Ewert

Guest -panzershreck-

three cheers for all the people @ Big Time Software

hip hooray!!!

hip hooray!!!

hip hooray!!!

you are very cool smile.gif

[This message has been edited by -panzershreck- (edited 05-10-2000).]

Guest TOBRUK

Thank You, BTS.

If it's not too indiscreet; may I point out that it's still labelled 'Beta' demo on the download site. This may be confusing.

I'm downloading now smile.gif Hope it's the right one smile.gif

Thaks agian...... smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Guest Germanboy

Steve, Charles, all of you: A big thank-you for doing the work to make all of us very happy bunnies indeed. I hope it turns out to be the success it ought to be.

Good luck!

Andreas

It's 4:10 in the morning.

I've been playing Valley of Trouble for the past two hours.

I am a very happy man.

Oh? Are you going to hide in the town? Really? How about a nice helping of ARTILLERY? That's right! 105mm shells for you! In your head! And in case that wasn't enough, have some SHERMAN! And some MORTARS! Yeah! You can't hide in those buildings when I BLOW THEM THE HELL UP, you little Volksbitches! Suck my superior artillery doctrine!

Thank you, Battlefront! You haven't just made a great wargame: you've set the standard for all computer wargames to come.

<twitching and drooling in anticipation of CMMC>

Dan

AAAAchtung!

Präsentiert das - Geweeeehhhhhr!

Hey, thank you very much - great job, great customer support .... great success!? I wish you all success you need, to get rich, to make future CM-Games ... to be independent.

Thank you very, very much!

Greetings from Germany

Jochen

Thanks BTS for all your efforts------woke up this a.m. in U.K to find demo awaiting download-------racing along now at all of 4.6kbs-----should be finished in only about 2 hours--------just enough time to read the whole of Fionn's tactical advice four or five times before my first suicide attack.

Guest GriffinCheng

Wake up...clean up...check the board..

go to work..check board again but down...

work...bored

lunch...check board again

saw the line

download to my Powerbook

Viola!

Griffin.

Pcelt,

Here's a few tips specially for you wink.gif (and the Siegfried line scenario).

RECON. Advance slowly and recon with half-squads up to 100 metres ahead of your main body. They'll trip ambushes and gain you valuable info on German dispositions.

Keep your tanks back and safe BUT make sure they can bring fire to bear on likely German positions. Don't risk them much until you have a good fix on German positions ( ie. after the Germans start firing on your hapless recon elements).

Arty is your friend wink.gif.

Pillboxes are a BITCH to kill. There are only two ways to deal with pillboxes.

1. If it is an MG pillbox you can just sit a tank in front of it and fire round after round until you get a lucky hit and kill it.

2. If it is an AT pillbox then you MUST drop smoke in front of it so that it can't see and work around the flanks.

Lastly, the best way to clear a village is to obliterate EVERY single house in the village before entering it.

Tanks SHOULD advance en masse and not singly. If you have a tank platoon unde your command and want them to advance and destroy an enemy tank you should order all 4 or 5 of your tanks to advance at the same time. You may lose 1 or 2 but you WILL destroy the enemy tank. If you advance ur guys 1 at a time the German just might win every 1 on 1 engagement and might destroy your entire tank force.

As the Germans...

The scenario designer says you're defending. Don't obey him wink.gif.

If you spend the first 8 turns just keeping a quiet eye on American forces and figure out EXACTLY what they have then you will be well on the road to victory.

Establish killzones and then WAIT until the enemy walks into them. Don't get over-enthusiastic and fire when the enemy is 200 metres from you. Wait until they are 100 or so metres away and butcher entire platoons in seconds.

He who defends everything defends nothing.