Server download speed is a joke

The network provider that Battlefront uses has a distributed network. It's possible that the closest 'node' to you is experiencing issues and/or may be overloaded hosting some other customer. You can contact the Helpdesk (providing your physical location and possibly the ISP you're using) and Battlefront may contact their network provider to see what the issue is and if there is anything that they can do about it.

I have found it very inconsistent.  At times, its super fast, at other times it completely bogs down.  I always do a speed test before downloading and have found no issues on my end.  So I am assuming the hosting service gets hammered at certain times of the day.

On 14.5.2018 at 12:38 AM, Schrullenhaft said:

The network provider that Battlefront uses has a distributed network. It's possible that the closest 'node' to you is experiencing issues and/or may be overloaded hosting some other customer. You can contact the Helpdesk (providing your physical location and possibly the ISP you're using) and Battlefront may contact their network provider to see what the issue is and if there is anything that they can do about it.

On 17.5.2018 at 9:12 PM, Thewood1 said:

I have found it very inconsistent.  At times, its super fast, at other times it completely bogs down.  I always do a speed test before downloading and have found no issues on my end.  So I am assuming the hosting service gets hammered at certain times of the day.

On 18.5.2018 at 6:50 AM, PIATpunk said:

For effective catharsis add "hopeless" before "joke". ;)

Speed varies but I've never had a download fail.  And it taught me to store all my purchased installer files locally for future re-installations. 

Thanks, perhaps I got Battlefront´s servers on a bad day when downloading my new purchase. In the end I managed to get my stuff.