New Scenario: Tactical Operations Center

On 7/21/2021 at 2:38 PM, MOS:96B2P said:

Sounds like your only missing the British module.  The British module is needed because a British SF unit is in the scenario.  This SF unit may become available for use by the player if certain conditions are met (explained in the briefing).     

Back to this mission:

I found a spot that said follow the trail south, so I did. I found some  manned emplacements and killed them all - I just happened to notice a piece of barbed wire, so the engineers demo'd it. Is there a message if you destroy a base? Also, that was really hard to see and the only reason I saw it was because I was so zoomed in. Are all the insurgent bases so difficult to spot? Is there a better way I should be searching?

Also, I think I killed the physco. It says 2nd platoon found objective F

Thanks

Edited by Falcon_the_Slut

1 hour ago, Falcon_the_Slut said:

I found a spot that said follow the trail south, so I did. I found some  manned emplacements and killed them all - I just happened to notice a piece of barbed wire, so the engineers demo'd it. Is there a message if you destroy a base?

Sounds like you found a Separatist base camp.  No message for finding/destroying a base camp.  However a base camp will be in the woods, have some combination of foxholes, trenches, sandbag walls, a security element and maybe a vehicle or two.  There will also be the barbwire keeping the AI from moving into the AI exit zone.   

AI reinforcements will still spawn in this base camp for the AI group assigned there.  However,  now that the wire in that base camp is destroyed the AI reinforcement movement orders will take them into the exit zone and off the map.  So this base will not cause you anymore problems. 

A word of caution.  After destroying the wire I would move friendly units out of the area so they don't take casualties from spawning AI reinforcements.  The AI will shoot while in the process of going to the exit.  

2 hours ago, Falcon_the_Slut said:

Also, that was really hard to see and the only reason I saw it was because I was so zoomed in. Are all the insurgent bases so difficult to spot? Is there a better way I should be searching?  

The fortifications that make up base camps are protected by the fog of war.  So you need LOS to confirm an active camp.  Intelligence and foot trails through the woods might lead to a camp.  Separatist AI groups will also return to a base camp for reinforcements before another attack.  Kind of risky but you might try to follow a group back to their camp. 

Alt T will also turn the trees on/off.  This makes it easier to see trails, units etc. in the woods.    

2 hours ago, Falcon_the_Slut said:

Also, I think I killed the physco. It says 2nd platoon found objective F.  

Hmmm, trying to remember.  You may have located Tactical Site Exploitation (TSE).  The actual commander Psycho has a security detachment (he is part of a HQ team).  So there would have been a firefight, bodies etc.  Was there a grid location and maybe a time given along with the letter F?  As an example if the TSE read, F 12345678  1800.  That would indicate that Psycho might be at grid 12345678 at 6pm.  

On 7/21/2021 at 3:52 PM, Erwin said:

Trust us...  This one mind-blowing scenario alone is worth the price of the modules you don't already have.

I can also confirm that the scenario is worth getting the British module for. Plus, it seems like there were more SF1 scenarios (which can also be played in SF2) made for the British module than for other modules.

On 7/13/2021 at 8:17 PM, MOS:96B2P said:

The police mod-pack is pretty cool.  I enjoy playing around with it.  Some of the mods need work and of course attempting to expand it into a campaign slowed things way down.  Someday.

Tb6lbNfh.jpg

zGRzBweh.jpg

Looks like it's come a long way since the first version. Shame I couldn't help test it a bit more, but with grad school and all I've had very little free time to do so

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 4:30 PM, MOS:96B2P said:

Hmmm, trying to remember. 

I feel like my shift went to ****. I lost vehicles and have platoons and squads spread all over the map and no way to get them all linked back up. I don't want to start over because I know it's largely scripted and I can't be trusted to not cheat....

I ended up getting the British Module for SF2 and downloaded the coup scenario. It's just a few minutes after 0400hours. My plan is to bribe the armor at the bank first, then get a team in place to immediately hit the air defense building followed by an ammo run to the radio station at the same time I free the alderemen from the prison. I'm scared to **** it up, though..and ruin another scenario.

Edited by Falcon_the_Slut

1 hour ago, Falcon_the_Slut said:

I ended up getting the British Module for SF2 and downloaded the coup scenario. It's just a few minutes after 0400hours. My plan is to bribe the armor at the bank first, then get a team in place to immediately hit the air defense building followed by an ammo run to the radio station at the same time I free the alderemen from the prison. I'm scared to **** it up, though..and ruin another scenario.

I recall that in TOC, I found many of the choices "obvious" to me to make in a certain order, and so I tended to make the same decisions/choices and do the same things every time I played it.  However, other testers told me that they made other choices, either cos they felt other choices were more "obvious" to them, or they just wanted to play around and see what happened.

IIRC one has more "equivalent" choices in COUP - ie: COUP may be more replayable as one can more easily make other choices that seem equally compelling. 

• 3 months later...