Stalingrad IL2

Erwin

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎30 at 9:48 AM, Aragorn2002 said:

I must say that Steel Armour video impresses me. Someone here said that Steel Fury has different buttons and so on, but does it have the same quality as Steel Armour in graphics and gameplay?

That was me. Yes, SF and SA has completly different buttons, unfortunaly. And that was the reason i only played about 15 minutes of SA. Even though iv still have it installed on my computer. It is so long since ive played it. And SF have evolved quite a bit with the STA addon. So i cant tell you. Sorry

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎30 at 11:31 AM, Aragorn2002 said:

And another question. Is the mod easy to install?

Yes. very easy to install. Just download the "Generic Mod Enabler" (JSGME). And enable the mods in the correct order (After download/unpacking offcourse), and you should be gaming soon. It is about a year now, since I last uppdated or played it. But Before that, I was very Active for a few years. Uppdating asap when there was an uppdate, reinstalling when i had to etc.

It is a good manual of how to install, in the STA mod page.

http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t6-steel-tank-add-on-steel-fury-1-2

You maybe need to become a free member to see. It look a Little different since my last visit a year or so back. But it should be no problem. And the comunity is as helpfull as here, if you have problems.

Edited by Armorgunner

1 hour ago, Armorgunner said:

Yes. very easy to install. Just download the "Generic Mod Enabler" (JSGME). And enable the mods in the correct order (After download/unpacking offcourse), and you should be gaming soon. It is about a year now, since I last uppdated or played it. But Before that, I was very Active for a few years. Uppdating asap when there was an uppdate, reinstalling when i had to etc.

It is a good manual of how to install, in the STA mod page.

http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t6-steel-tank-add-on-steel-fury-1-2

You maybe need to become a free member to see. It look a Little different since my last visit a year or so back. But it should be no problem. And the comunity is as helpfull as here, if you have problems.

Thank you, Armor Gunner. I've installed SF and the STA mod and tried to find my way, which isn't easy. Quite a complicated game (editor looks even more so), but what worries me more are the frequent CTD's. The Youtube movies look great though. Does the game run smoothly for you?

The editor is in a World of its own. Dont bother there.

CTD is not a common experience for me. I can maybe recall one, or two over the years. So it it should not be normal, no. But read the comments of the version you have installed. It might have some bugs? I for my self, have had a Core I7 X-58 Nehalem based 950 CPU all the time playing that game. Starting with a geforce 470, then a 770, and then a 970. 16Gb (3x6) of RAM (Active) untill Windows 10, when all 18Gb Went Active.

Edited by Armorgunner

On 1-9-2017 at 11:12 PM, Aragorn2002 said:

Thank you, Armor Gunner. I've installed SF and the STA mod and tried to find my way, which isn't easy. Quite a complicated game (editor looks even more so), but what worries me more are the frequent CTD's. The Youtube movies look great though. Does the game run smoothly for you?

To be fair and complete: the game is running fine now (no more CTD's or other problems) and definitely worth the attention. There's also a mod available, which takes a small donation to obtain. Some gifted modders are still working to improve the game and they can use the support. So if you're looking for a good WW2 tanksim I can recommend this game.

20 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Am a noobie for all games other than CM2 (and maybe WITPAE).  What is JSGME and CTD?

How do they work?  Where to d/l? 

Thanks...

JSGME is a good tool to install mods in a game. It's used by Steel Fury, but also Silent Hunter and other games. CTD is crash to desktop, so the game crashes.

You have to become a member of the community, which is free. Than you can download STA 1 for free, or STA2 or STA3 for a small donation (10 respecitvely 15 Euros). Or more if you like, since these guys can use the support. Take a look at their forum, they are working on amazing stuff and are really gifted modders. http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/forum

Proof of the level of skill: http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t931-effects-new-textures-experiments

Edited by Aragorn2002

27 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Ahhh...    STA = Steel Tanks Add on??   Couldn't find the d/l area for JSGME at that site.  Or does one Google for it?

What is the latest version?  Is that good for ALL games eg SH4 WOTP etc?

Yes, just google. No, not for all games and I don't think the version matters. JSGME is a great way to use mods.

Edited by Aragorn2002

• 2 months later...
On 8/6/2017 at 4:35 AM, Aragorn2002 said:

Beautiful game. I hope someday someone will make a ww2 tank simulator of that quality.

They will and are. It's called Tank Crew: Clash At Prokhorovka. They announced it recently. It's going to be a part of the IL2 family.

Tentative Vehicles:

• T-34-76 STZ
  • KV-1s
  • M4A2
  • SU-122
  • SU-152
  • GAZ-MM + 72K
  • PzKpfw III Ausf.L
  • PzKpfw IV Ausf.G
  • PzKpfw V Ausf.D
  • PzKpfw VI Ausf.H1
  • Sd. Kfz. 184
  • Sd. Kfz. 10 + Flak38
  • Prokhorovka - Belgorod Map {100x100 km Approx.)

I am PSYCHED! If it's anything like the flight sims they'll probably add more vehicles with DLC if it's popular.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

They are using the same engine as the IL2 games (I believe it basically will "plug-in") and are gonna expand the fidelity of the ground map for tank warfare, above what they already have in the flight sim. So, it will definitely be one to look out for. I hope they'll allow skins like they do for the planes.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

According to them the map is gonna be 100KmX100Km, not even Erwin could bitch about that being too small for maneuvering. LOL.

But yeah, not that big a deal. I'd rather have them completely concentrate on the tank VS tank, infantry and other vehicle fidelity. I could careless if there are planes. They are the guys that could really get this right.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

You are gonna owe me a keyboard if I puke on it...

Well, this is what they have said so far:

" The map will feature the southern portion of the Battle of Kursk with the village of Prokhorovka and town of Belgorod included. The map will also be built somewhat differently giving tank players a better ground environment then our current large maps."

I guess we'll know more in 2018.

Mord.

On 27-11-2017 at 10:57 PM, Mord said:

They will and are. It's called Tank Crew: Clash At Prokhorovka. They announced it recently. It's going to be a part of the IL2 family.

Tentative Vehicles:

• T-34-76 STZ
  • KV-1s
  • M4A2
  • SU-122
  • SU-152
  • GAZ-MM + 72K
  • PzKpfw III Ausf.L
  • PzKpfw IV Ausf.G
  • PzKpfw V Ausf.D
  • PzKpfw VI Ausf.H1
  • Sd. Kfz. 184
  • Sd. Kfz. 10 + Flak38
  • Prokhorovka - Belgorod Map {100x100 km Approx.)

I am PSYCHED! If it's anything like the flight sims they'll probably add more vehicles with DLC if it's popular.

Mord.

Yes, this could be the game a lot of us wargamers have been waiting for. Imagine it expanding to 1944/45.