Arnhem pic. Sherman flail tanks!

Found this on bmashina.tumblr.com and thought I'd share an Arnhem photo new to me. Supposedly, it's from 1945.

tumblr_oqvx92p4Xm1rqpszmo1_500.jpg

Am no Arnhem expert, but this 2014 piece showed up near the top of the Google page when I went to check the dates of the Battle of Arnhem. It has some seriously attention-getting material in it, with angles I'd never heard of before. That said, because it puts certain WW II events into a controversial post-WW II context, and covers ground denied not just me but generally, I've decided the title and author are as far as I care to go. The author, Tony Gosling, is British, and the story ran on RT's site. He got to interview a fair number of principals in the Arnhem story and seems to have a very good command of the bios of key commanders and witnesses.

A betrayal too far: Only brutal honesty will do at Arnhem’s 70th anniversary

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Despite being born in Kent, and living in Bromley for nigh on 17 years. I wouldn't give Gosling the time of day. Never trust a man who rips off the image of Che, and turns it into an image of Christ. It shows a distinct lack of imagination, and a pandering to populism.

His personality and politics aside, lets look at some facts. Jorrocks never ordered an "18-hour break". Also, it was the Vandeleur cousins who were nervous about making a night attack due to the proximity of German Panzer Jaeger infantry armed with both Fausts and Schrecks, who they described in their reports as "Bazooka Boys".