Area fire on enemy casualties

Hello,

Does anyone do that?  Is it considered gamey against a human opponent?  It is my impression that if you are able to take out let's say a Javelin team, area fire where the wounded/dead are should destroy the launcher and missiles.  Also killing the enemy's wounded should decrease the final score.  Please advise.

Thank you,

Stefano

3 hours ago, Stefano Z said:

<Snip>  Is it considered gamey against a human opponent?  It is my impression that if you are able to take out let's say a Javelin team, area fire where the wounded/dead are should destroy the launcher and missiles.  Also killing the enemy's wounded should decrease the final score.  Please advise. 

I would not consider it gamey.  However I don't intentionally shoot (Area Target) OpFor casualties.  Besides there is usually so much going on and so many other threats that need attention.     

13 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

I would not consider it gamey.  However I don't intentionally shoot (Area Target) OpFor casualties.  Besides there is usually so much going on and so many other threats that need attention.     

^^^ This.

It is not clear to me if targeting the area where a wounded Javelin team was located would actually wreck the system and spare missiles. It makes perfect sense that it would and you can certainly kill wounded soldiers doing this. It would be an interesting experiment to see what happened to the gear. If someone did such an experiment make sure you test the control situation - buddy aid the same team (using a saved game) multiple times to verify that the state of the launcher and missiles is deterministic and not randomly checked when buddy aided. In other words first we would need to verify that the game actually keeps track of the status of the gear lying around on the ground or if it behaves like Schrodinger's cat.

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

Aw man, don't get me started on Schrodinger's cat...  Bloody thing keeps spraying on my front deck, and Schrodinger is in denial cos he keeps telling me its a female so doesn't spray.  Well, I tell ya, I have photos now!!

Cats, man they suck sometimes. Except for the black ones :D

So now that bastid Schrodinger says his cat was with him the whole time.  But, I got photos to prove it was here.  How can his cat be in two places at the same time?  I reckon Schrodinger has no exact idea where his bloody cat is at any time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01.05.2017 at 6:39 AM, Michael Emrys said:

No. KIA troops will cost you more points in the final accounting than WIA troops.

Michael

Good to know I've been sending those guys back to treat wounded not only for the "roleplaying" sake.

On 4/30/2017 at 10:54 PM, Stefano Z said:

Hello,

Does anyone do that?  Is it considered gamey against a human opponent?  It is my impression that if you are able to take out let's say a Javelin team, area fire where the wounded/dead are should destroy the launcher and missiles.  Also killing the enemy's wounded should decrease the final score.  Please advise.

Thank you,

Stefano

I wouldn't consider it gamey against human or computer. With area fire you are more likely to be trying to suppress anyone there. While you might hit someone at is a bonus. In fact you are more likely to increase he suppression level of any enemy in the targeted area and hopefully reduce he accuracy of their return fire The cost is that you will be using up ammo. You won't however know the exact you had, nor should you.  Hope that helped