Does hiding your troops make them recover fatigue faster?

Oh, I doubt the 'Hide' Command makes them recover faster compared to not Hiding...Thou, it could be at the same rate at best.

On a related note: I know my Fatigued Troops never recovered to 'Tired' status when they automatically dropped into Move for several turns...I even issued no orders for a turn, then a 'Move' Order following turn (to see if it made a difference), and they still never recovered to 'Tired' status. 

It seems the only way to recover from Fatigue is to Stop for several turns...On top of that, Fatigue (red) takes longer to recover to next step, then say Tiring or Tired (yellow).    

Joe

Edited by JoMc67

1 hour ago, JoMc67 said:

Oh, I doubt the 'Hide' Command makes them recover faster compared to not Hiding...

Yeah, I've seen no indications that it does. They are just catching a breather, not taking a nap. BTW, as a practice I try not to get my troops in a state worse than Ready, but occasionally a team will panic and run for a long distance to cover. Then they are apt to take many turns to recover.

Michael

I've got some free time this afternoon, I'll run a test and report back.

EDIT: Well, that was easier than I thought. I took three BAR teams, ran them all to exhaustion, then had one hide, one kneel behind a wall, and one keep moving around. The hiding, and kneeling troops recovered their fatigue at the same rate, while the moving team recovered at approximately 1/4 the rate.

Hiding/Kneeling: Recovered from 'Exhausted to Tiring'

Moving: Recovered from 'Exhausted to Fatigued'

So, if you absolutely have to keep moving, your troops will slowly recover their energy, but ordering them to stop and take a break will help them regain their wind much faster. Hiding seems to have nothing to do with it.

Edited by SLIM
FOR SCIENCE!