The 'Never Say You've Seen It All' Thread

Machor

Erwin,

That's because they're not proper English bugs!  But here's what you've missed. Be sure to enjoy the pillar of grasshoppers and the fact the Forbes article writer doesn't know what UV light is.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevornace/2019/07/29/las-vegas-invasion-grasshoppers-swarms-may-last-weeks/#4f08a6667dc9

Regards,

John Kettler

On 8/1/2019 at 1:59 AM, John Kettler said:

Don't know what movie this is from, but unless there's been a tsunami, it would appear that merely not being in the ocean is inadequate against the Great White.

tumblr_inline_p7gwsoo8hB1s48u4s_540.gif

Regards,

John Kettler

Frankly, I find this a much bigger problem than the locusts - which are primarily a nuisance.  We see this invasion of homeless sharks in the UK more and more as the oceans warm up...  My pal had his ceiling similarly demolished a few weeks ago.  The repair costs are huge.  Then the lawyers representing the shark claim it's my pal's fault for not maintaining his roof properly and are suing for damages re the shark's emotional trauma.  

No wonder people voted for Brexit!  That damn EU is to blame.

Edited by Erwin

And here we have a highly strange news item. Must've been quite the shock to his colleagues at work when he walked in.

tumblr_p77v2wWOFo1vn9g7oo1_500.jpg

Believe this product is from the 1950s or maybe the early 1960s. What I can say for sure, having seen ads for other products by this firm, is that the firm listed on the ad was/is real.

tumblr_prk3sfopDb1vn9g7oo1_500.jpg
Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Raven sits on a post inside the 18 mile diameter Chernobyl exclusion zone. The sign warns of radiation hazard.

tumblr_n7nzxpPqBk1tzp7v2o1_1280.jpg

Pretty sure I posted this before, but it's such a marvelous cautionary tale regarding involving dangerous creatures in various artistic efforts. Believe this was a bellydancing video shoot in which the cobra and the lady would both be undulating sinuously, but it appears the snake charmer out of frame image right lost the reptile's attention and the dancer's movements became the angry focus instead. She's lucky that was a threat display only, for cobras are fast and that one could have easily outraced her, hobbled as she was by those stiletto heeled boots.
tumblr_pc4fb9UnKj1wgo4dwo1_400.gif

Real estate has something for everyone, including a real fixer-upper: the abandoned Chateau de Baugnac.

tumblr_p8sb8tnYoi1sx2tpdo1_500.jpg

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

This is a bit bizarre, but I love it. Green Day was performing in London, but while waiting for the band, it appears that Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen was played as an instrumental over the speakers. Here's what happened in reply. The closest thing I've seen to the 65K at the stadium singing were the mere 9K singing an old Welsh hymn.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

During WW II there was a great Bugs Bunny episode ("Falling Hare") in which he played an aviator flying a bomber. Unfortunately, he was beset by a gremlin which gleefully did everything in its power to try to kill him.

But get a load of this. Not exactly your typical wartime poster, right? But if the point of the safety poster was to make it memorable by inserting an extraordinary and unexpected approach, I imagine this was quite the success. 

3b606400b2a69fd470c688a1920deacb5b611fa4

Regards,

John Kettler

http://www.thespacereview.com/article/3756/1

Right after Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landed on the Moon, the Soviet Union landed a spacecraft carrying a chimpanzee named Boris 504. The Soviet plan was to have Boris leave his spacecraft and walk on the Moon right after the American astronauts did, simultaneously mocking and stealing some of the publicity from the American achievement. But despite a successful landing, a malfunctioning hatch prevented Boris from leaving his spacecraft. He died on the Moon when his oxygen ran out, angrily banging a wrench against a faulty hatch.

3751b.jpg3751c.jpg

http://www.thespacereview.com/article/3751/1

Edited by Wicky