Now that the Release is finalised, can Madmatt post somee AARs other then those in th

Please Madmatt can you get some CM testers together to produce an AAR which the rest of us haven't seen before. In otherwords not Reisberg, Last Defence or Chance Encounter. WildBill did, although no offence Billy boy, crossing of the River Waal was just a little bit boaring. Madmatt please answer my prayers, it could keep a lot of people quite until the games final release.

[This message has been edited by Owen (edited 03-28-2000).]

Umm Matt,

Actually... I had a chat with Steve early this morning my time after we got finished on ICQ.

CMHQ will be hosting an AAR of a game played against the AI. I hope to start this at the beginning of next month ( a few days into the month anyways) and continue posting 1 turn per day until either I or the AI wins wink.gif.

This will basically be to show you guys how the AI behaves in-game.

So, do you want it played with FOW ON or FOW OFF? I always play FOW ON and think it'll make a more interesting game to play with FOW ON but you won't see what the AI does "out of my view" if FOW is ON.

Comments?

I think it is a MUST that it be with fow on. That way we can see the games spotting and have all the suprises of a personal game. Then after its over maybe it can be posted with fow off, just to see the full scope.

Just my opinion though.

von shrad

Fionn: Another vote for FOW on.

I remember you referring to a battle where a hetzer continually did a hit and run on your superior tank force to such an extend you almost got frustated. I would love to see that in an AAR. Oh, and the hetzer too wink.gif.

It would make the player (that's you son) uncertain about the AI strength (as it should be) and the actual strength could be listed afterwards as to illustrate the AI handeling of his resources.

Grtz S Bakker.

[This message has been edited by s bakker (edited 03-29-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

Ok ok, we get the point! FOW will be ON! Now, go and reply to some other deserving thread as this one is becoming trite! biggrin.gif

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

Fie on Fionn playing with FOW off. Fionn should play with FOW on! Frankly, it would be more fun if Fionn played with FOW on.

(it's funnier if you pronounce FOW as if it is a word that rhymes with cow)

Jason - alliteration is peachy! biggrin.gif

hmm, FOW ON obviously, but is there any way a third party (counting the AI as on of the first two) can peek at what the AI is doing to give us at least some idea of what its up to and what it has?

Regards

Jon

Nah, FOW ON = FOW on.

Don't worry though I'm quite sure it'll come at me with everything it's got.

I might just make a DYO scenario and play the Germans. The AI can play as the Allies. That way I can't have any idea what it has.